PDA

View Full Version : Diving this weekend on the Central OR coast. Looking for company

seawolf
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Just passing this along for any Oregon or Washington divers as my regular buddy hasn't been able to make it out lately. PM me if interested. Thanks,

Tyson

Kelsea
02-24-2010, 01:13 PM
hope ya find someone to go out with, Tyson. Miss ya! :cowboy:

Devildiver
03-08-2010, 11:45 PM
How did it go buddy? Were you able to get out?

seawolf
03-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Got out with Lawrence and shot my first Oregon ling(just legal). I missed some decent sized ones that were just too quick.

Devildiver
03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Sweet man! Lets see some pics! Spring break for me starts Wednesday the 17th, and goes until the 28th. Hopefully I'll have a weekend off of work where we can go. I'll let you know when I see my work schedule.

ApneaAddict
03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
How'd it go?

(I'm always interested in the PNW reports because as silly as it sounds, I've always thought I could see myself living along the PNW coast some day so long as I could dive. So seeing dive reports from you guys is confirmation that I could survive if I ever had to move up. :)...)

seawolf
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd have some pics if my camera didn't crap out on me. The good news is that I just bought an S90 Canon which will be great for doing underwater videos when conditions allow for it. Lawrence took some pics, but I don't know if he has a computer to send them as e-mail attachments on.

Devildiver
03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
He does, He's sent me some pictures in the past. I want to see too!

Tyson, will you be able to make it to the coast this next week?

robbiefischer
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
How is the diving up there? I live in so-cal but have a house in tillamook and have wondered if its worth bringin the dive gear up..? from what I've seen of the coast all i saw was wind, wind, dirty water, and more wind.:eek: usually just stick to fishing salmon and steelhead in the local rivers( wilson and trask). would really appreciate some info

Devildiver
03-16-2010, 04:24 AM
there are some decent posts in the PNW section that will give you a better idea. It's not the California section, but there's enough content to paint a nice picture.

You're right: wind, rain, cold weather, and big seas are commonplace, but the fish don't really care how good the vis is. They're there, and there aren't too many people who spear up here. the percentage of freedivers is so small that I'm not sure the fish are as cautious of us...plus the whole silent thing.

Bring your gear, but I'm willing to bet your gun(s) are too big. I think a 30-40" midhandle is the way to go here. It works in shitty vis and good vis alike, and swing much easier for quick shots within limited visibility; good for "hole hunting" too.

-Casey

seawolf
03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
He does, He's sent me some pictures in the past. I want to see too!

Tyson, will you be able to make it to the coast this next week?

I should be able to. Let me know what day you want to go out.