PDA

View Full Version : Saving up for a gun

Joes978
06-30-2010, 07:00 AM
I am pole spearing now, but I am saving up for a nice gun a little at a time so the wife doesn't freak about another big purchase. I was looking at the Sporasub One gun or one of the Riffe wooden guns. I'll be diving mostly off of North Carolina reefs, but it would be nice to have something that go be used for bigger fish as well. Any advice on which I try to find?

layer17
06-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Wong. Talk to Daryl, the man is a god! He will give you all the info you need on anything, even if its not one of his guns.

pernicia
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I had a Sporasub One 95, but I sold it abt 3 weeks ago. I didn't get a chance to shoot the gun, but I got a chance to play with it at home. The camo is awesome, nice hydroformed shape and mini-shark fin shaft so you can use spectra wishbones instead of metal one. You can replace the single band for 2 lighter bands. The only thing I didn't like abt the gun was the reel, adjusting the drag is complicated, as the reel spins while you are rotating the drag wheel. you really need to hold the reel spool with one hand and rotate the drag with the other. I never had this problem with RA reels.

You can't go wrong with a Riffe Euro if you prefer wooden guns.