PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tacoma

ardiciovg
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Sup guys my name is Ardicio im in the army and am about to leave Guantanamo Bay,Cuba and head to Tacoma i know this will be a complete change of climate and hunting but I was wondering what the big sport fish of the area are, ive been doing some research and have seen nothing but lingcod and rock bass

stubbie1111
12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Sup guys my name is Ardicio im in the army and am about to leave Guantanamo Bay,Cuba and head to Tacoma i know this will be a complete change of climate and hunting but I was wondering what the big sport fish of the area are, ive been doing some research and have seen nothing but lingcod and rock bass

How ya doin? Stubbie1111 here... I too am military and on the Kitsap peninsula...active duty Navy. Sorry to say but you have done your research correctly! Lingcod is the big sport fish here, and you can still get rock fish, but you must go out near the coast....rockfish is mainly closed here in the sound....there is talks of them being placed on the endangered spec. list. There are other good fish here as well, but again mainly up in the Straits of Jaun De Fuca, or on the coast...These include kelp greenling which average 20-25". Locally here in the sound there really isn't much except for Flounder/Sole, Pile/Stripped sea perch, Cabezon, and the 2-3 weeks for the LingCod season.... kinda crappy deal... I know....but the diving up here is amazing! There is alot of other stuff up here to harvest as well....crab, scallops, clams, oysters, and mussels.....Hit me up once you get here and we can go sometime. I have a dive buddy and we scuba, or as they refer to on here blow bubbles. Let me know!
Take care,
Stubbie1111

P.S. I would not mention spearing up here as there are alot of kelp huggers!:lol:

ardiciovg
12-26-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL damn man so look like Im getting a stiff end of the deal well at least i can still spear, anything good offshore or any blue water stuff?

stubbie1111
12-26-2010, 07:40 PM
LOL damn man so look like Im getting a stiff end of the deal well at least i can still spear, anything good offshore or any blue water stuff?

Well never did any of that....There are people that have done that, but you must have a boat large enough, or pay for a charter service $$$$. There are Tuna and such but you must go way out. I would rather stay local and go more often, than spend alot and go less. Any day diving is better than a day not.
Stubbie1111