PDA

View Full Version : NE Fl. Spearing clinic.

slipknot
02-19-2003, 05:43 PM
There is going to be a Spearfishing clinic at Divers Elite Training on March 1st at 11:00 am. The host is Chad Carney of Spear Big Fish charters. The clinic is free and all you have to do is call to reserve a seat if anyone is interested. Any Board members that don't have anything else to do that morning,BRING IT ON. I would like to meet some of 6you guy's. It's in between Baymeadows and JTB.

Divers Elite Training
7660-1 Phillips Highway
Jax. FL 32256
(904)731-8866

greyface
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Oh hell yes! I've been wondering if "we'd" ever have a clinic up here. I'ts gonna be cool to finally meet the MORNINGWOOD crew!:D

100days-a-year
02-19-2003, 07:55 PM
So there will be at least one person in the shop who knows which end of a speargun to point at fish?They are really nice people but woefully inept compared to APD or Meridian.If the weathers nice I'll dive ,if it sux I'll try to meet ya'll.I'l be the young wiseass who looks like he's had one triple expresso too many.Did you say free?

Shooter Dan
02-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Nice to hear you guys are supporting Chad. Great the see the home town represent. I've got to make a reason to head up there. Have fun.

slipknot
02-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I just talked to Wally at Divers Elite, and he said about 30 people will be in attendance tomorrow. He said that alot of people mentioned the BOARD.
Just a reminder, looking forward to meeting some of you guy's. :cool:
By the way here's what happens when you spear behind a Blackhawk chopper!:eek:

greyface
03-01-2003, 04:28 PM
A good gathering of the N.E.Fl. chapter of Spearboard.:DProud to have met you guys.

poorshot
03-01-2003, 09:06 PM
I also was glad to meet some Board members but I must say that I was disappointed in the clinic. Basically I thought all it was was a plug for the line of goods repped by the speaker. There was very little actual info on spearfishing. I hope others there gained more from it than I did. I had been to 2 other clinics that I learned alot from as many others said they had and I hope to attend more like them in the future.

100days-a-year
03-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes the board was well represented.No one got bent or shot any shorts.I didn't here any snores.The infomercial beggining was weak,but Chad answered evey question in a way that a novice could unnerstand.I wish we had some charters like his here to go to the ledge.Thars gold in them thar hills.

slipknot
03-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Yes, the 'clinic' was'nt much more than a plug and fish stories,but I thought Chad did a good job.He obviously has a lot of shooting experience.I really liked his freeshaft gun setup.
Maybe Spear One can get up here one day so I can compare?
There was'nt anything else to do on a rainy Saturday morning anyway,it was nice to meet some other BOARD members and put a name with a face.
I saw a SPEARBOARD advertisement in that little book he had,but he never mentioned it.He did however mention gulfdiver.com. Whats up with that?

poorshot
03-02-2003, 11:43 AM
I believe there was a reference to Spearone as the guy that advocates surgical shots.

Spear One
03-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Oh Really!

poorshot
03-02-2003, 04:22 PM
You were not mentioned by name but the reference left no doubt in my mind who was meant.

Spear One
03-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Bold enough to use my terminology, but not humble enough to mention my name? Hmmmmmm.

slipknot
03-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Do some of you have issues with this guy?
I noticed only one west coast reply.