PDA

View Full Version : Daytona help

weekendrx
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi all--
my wife and I are doing a last minute 5 day trip to Daytona this month. I am bringing my gearin hopes of shooting some fish. I'm not looking for your secret spots, but are there places I can sneak in a shore dive or rent a yak? If anyone is going out the 19, 20 or 21st of this month and needs someone to fill a seat I have $ for expenses. Thanks for any help.

Kurt

A pointed 1
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Give Sea Dogs a call.They are first rate.
http://www.seadogdiver.com/index.html

Moondogie
02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Free or Scuba?

I think you're SOL shore diving out of Daytona. I live in Palm Bay, and still have to drive 45 min south to get any decent shore action. February also sucks for viz. We got lucky last week, maybe you'll luck out on your trip. If so, I'll be shore diving any your welcome to join. But you're probably better off finding a charter to go offshore a bit.

seamoore
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Captain Robert Elmore

386-931-2395

The Layne Jean is a fully licensed and insured charter boat located in New Smyrna Beach Florida. It's a just a short drive from the Daytona Beach area. Please don't hesitate to call me to customize a trip just for you. My rates can vary due to the type of dive excursion you would like to have. A Dive Master is available to lead your dives upon request. You can email me if you like but this is not always the quickest way to contact me, as I'm out on the water a lot of the time.

Off shore in this area you will find colorful reefs, shipwrecks, massive schools of fish, lobstering, and plenty of spearfishing. The East Coast of Florida is host to some of the largest lobsters in the United States. This area also produces large sized flounder, grouper, snapper & cobia just to name a few.

Here's a list of some of the local wrecks we dive. Ranging from 13-25 miles off-shore.

•USS Mindanao 446 FT Liberty Ship, 80 FSW
•Rio Yuna Ship 217 FT Ship, 80 FSW
•Semarca Ship 76 FT Utility Vessel, 80 FSW
•Atlas Barge 100 FT Barge, 80 FSW
•Maxine D 165 FT Supply Vessel, 80 FSW
•Alexandra McAllister Tug 100 FT Tug, 80 FSW
•Thomas H Tug 100 FT Tug, 80 FSW

weekendrx
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Moondog--
No scuba for me, just some free diving. What's your idea of bad vis? I'm from new England so it ca t be any worse than here.
Kurt

Moondogie
02-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Bad vis is >6ft. Above this, I can see the bottom in time not to hit it, can see fish beyond the reach of my gun, and know at any given moment the landlord is at least 6ft away from me, though probably only 7 :thumps:

I shot some fish in 6-8 last weekend and got rushed by a bull twice. Now I don't spear unless I have at least 10. If there is low ground swell you can lobster in less vis.

Soaking wet
02-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi all--
my wife and I are doing a last minute 5 day trip to Daytona this month. I am bringing my gearin hopes of shooting some fish. I'm not looking for your secret spots, but are there places I can sneak in a shore dive or rent a yak? If anyone is going out the 19, 20 or 21st of this month and needs someone to fill a seat I have $ for expenses. Thanks for any help.

Kurt

Hi,
If you want try for that weekend ,depending on the vis & weather I'll will go out .I go out of Fort Pierce .It's about 45-60 minutes fron Palm Bay .Most of the time I take out my boat by myself anyway. Pm me if interested.
Eddie
org from NY

Soaking wet
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Bad vis is >6ft. Above this, I can see the bottom in time not to hit it, can see fish beyond the reach of my gun, and know at any given moment the landlord is at least 6ft away from me, though probably only 7 :thumps:

I shot some fish in 6-8 last weekend and got rushed by a bull twice. Now I don't spear unless I have at least 10. If there is low ground swell you can lobster in less vis.

Moondog,
Are you interested in going, possibly on this wednesday if weathr permits and of course the vis.
Eddie

weekendrx
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi,
If you want try for that weekend ,depending on the vis & weather I'll will go out .I go out of Fort Pierce .It's about 45-60 minutes fron Palm Bay .Most of the time I take out my boat by myself anyway. Pm me if interested.
Eddie
org from NY

Absolutely! As soon as we finalize what time we're flying in and get a car all lined up I'll let you know. Nothing is better than making plans to go to florida while another snow storm is on its way here.
Kurt

Gradyman
02-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Captain Robert Elmore

386-931-2395

The Layne Jean...

Way to get on it Cannon! I know Capt Robert will appriciate it! If he were more computer literate he'd probably thank you himself!