PDA

View Full Version : first gopro video!

fishkillerjim
02-21-2011, 02:30 PM
This was last monday out of jupiter, it took me a while to figure out the editing. Had to make 3 parts because my comp. is really slow.

YouTube - 6 bugs 1 tank
YouTube - 6 bugs 1 tank part two.
YouTube - 6 bugs 1 tank part 3

BOLTSFAN
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Nice vids. Where did you have you GoPro mounted?

seadogger
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Nothin like getting your limit on one drop !! :toast:

IslandFever
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Looks like it's mounted on the snare.

Nice vid!

fishkillerjim
02-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Nice vids. Where did you have you GoPro mounted?

Headstrap mount that came with it, with a hood over it.. I love this pov.

ameliahunter
02-22-2011, 07:19 AM
nice vid

BOLTSFAN
02-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Headstrap mount that came with it, with a hood over it.. I love this pov.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure how it would come out. Thanks for the vid.

G@tor B@it
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Great video's Jim. You are getting it done. Looked like you were 6 for 6. Dont think I've ever had a dive where I get every bug I attempt.

Been watching these videos lately... yours and Robert D's last week. See a lot of you guys sticking your hands deep inside those ledges... arent you guys worried about eels? I havent seen either of you look in before you start reaching. Here in Ponce I see eels every plase I see bugs. And after having one bit my tickle stick and suck it back up under the ledge and I wasnt strong enough to pull it out... I'll never reach up under there like that without looking first. So do you guys just not care, or are you not seeing that many eels where you're diving?

Hey Jimmy, when are you going to get some video up on here?

briankinley2004
02-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Great videos. Your computer was and probably will be slowed down by your videos until you clean them and temporary files out. Unless you have alot of machine video editing is a snails pace exercise.

fishkillerjim
02-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Great video's Jim. You are getting it done. Looked like you were 6 for 6. Dont think I've ever had a dive where I get every bug I attempt.

Been watching these videos lately... yours and Robert D's last week. See a lot of you guys sticking your hands deep inside those ledges... arent you guys worried about eels? I havent seen either of you look in before you start reaching. Here in Ponce I see eels every plase I see bugs. And after having one bit my tickle stick and suck it back up under the ledge and I wasnt strong enough to pull it out... I'll never reach up under there like that without looking first. So do you guys just not care, or are you not seeing that many eels where you're diving?

I got lucky on the 6 for 6.... Eels are definitely a concern. If you notice in the first video, I tap one to scare him back into his hole so I dont get bit in the leg reaching for the next lobster. Even though in the video it seems like im going in blindly I actually surveyed the seen before I caught the first bug. There is always a risk sticking your hand in a hole, but one im willing to take. I have been bit once but the technique is very effective. 15 years of diving and 1 bite im probably due for one soon.

J&JC
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
cool videos

Robert D.
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM

for me it is called stupid. :) I got bit 3 times the last 2 years by eels, 2 by black spotted and one by a small green. You are smart for not reaching, most of the time I will look good for eels, if I don't see one I will go for it.

ALataZak
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
for me it is called stupid. :) I got bit 3 times the last 2 years by eels, 2 by black spotted and one by a small green. You are smart for not reaching, most of the time I will look good for eels, if I don't see one I will go for it.

WOW... I stick my hand in holes and ledges all the time. Never been bit... Half the time, I don't even look. lol

seadogger
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM

Too busy trying to fill my freezer before they shut everything down...besides the viz has been crap lately. Maybe in the next few weeks.

seadogger
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
WOW... I stick my hand in holes and ledges all the time. Never been bit... Half the time, I don't even look. lol

When and if you ever DO get bit...you will shit yourself !!!:toast:

dmfinch
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Seadogger vis been bad off new smyrna lately? its been 40 foot of st augustine the past month from 20 miles out to 50 miles.

sight seeing the grouper and snapper 60 on botom

G@tor B@it
02-25-2011, 10:37 AM

wow. how long do they usually hang on for? and do they try to pull you up under the ledge??

dont get me wrong... i've done my share of reaching, and there have been plenty of times i've had my arm burried under a ledge up to my shoulders. but i really hate doing it. but i'm like you.. its stupid. you see that thing about to get away and you just do it. then when you think about it later you think was it really worth it. i guess if you didnt get bit and got the bug it was!

but yeah, i think that one i tangled with a few years back was probably a big one too. i just remember poking him out of the way with my snare to get a bug and he bit it, sucked it back up under the ledge and i could not get it back from him. i pulled as hard as i could, but i didnt get it back until he let it go. and i remember thinking... if that was my arm he had in his mouth i'd be screwed...

that being said here's to doing it again tomorrow!!

Robert D.
02-25-2011, 10:50 AM
wow. how long do they usually hang on for? and do they try to pull you up under the ledge??

dont get me wrong... i've done my share of reaching, and there have been plenty of times i've had my arm burried under a ledge up to my shoulders. but i really hate doing it. but i'm like you.. its stupid. you see that thing about to get away and you just do it. then when you think about it later you think was it really worth it. i guess if you didnt get bit and got the bug it was!

but yeah, i think that one i tangled with a few years back was probably a big one too. i just remember poking him out of the way with my snare to get a bug and he bit it, sucked it back up under the ledge and i could not get it back from him. i pulled as hard as i could, but i didnt get it back until he let it go. and i remember thinking... if that was my arm he had in his mouth i'd be screwed...

that being said here's to doing it again tomorrow!!

The 2 black spotted just bit down and let go, lots of blood. The green held on for about 5 seconds and I jerked back as fast and hard as I could.