PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Pierce Viz

Moondogie
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Swellwatch looked great today, but viz was still trash. 10ft in 20ft. Wind made dragging a float and full lobster bag a real pain in the a$$. Got a nice pile of bugs, sheep, and a hog. Still a great day on the water.

fishkillerjim
02-24-2011, 12:44 AM
That sounds like a tough day dragging around all those bugs..

BOHICA
02-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Swellwatch looked great today, but viz was still trash. 10ft in 20ft. Wind made dragging a float and full lobster bag a real pain in the a$$. Got a nice pile of bugs, sheep, and a hog. Still a great day on the water.

Ya...I could think of worse things to drag around! Are most of them as large as the one you have in your Avatar? We get some real nice size on them up here but most times they are real far out and real deep.
Did you get that thing mounted?

Joe.A
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Dang, gonna have to check that out tomorrow.

Tailchasers
02-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Went out for a night dive last night and the vis was terrible. It was down to under 6ft and with that 3-4 chop it made the dive suck. Still got our limit though

Good job on getting a sack full of bugs

Moondogie
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Ya...I could think of worse things to drag around! Are most of them as large as the one you have in your Avatar? We get some real nice size on them up here but most times they are real far out and real deep.
Did you get that thing mounted?

They are big, but most are under 4lbs. Surprisingly, my largest bugs have all been in less than 30ft. Freediving them is the only way to go, with what amounts to underwater spelunking and you can't fit through with tanks :D.

Current Avatar isn't mounted. Wife said one lobster mount was enough, and we were late for dinner as it was... (queue whip crack)

*KAYAK KING*
02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Forecast as of 3:30 PM EST on February 24, 2011
Coastal Waters From Sebastian Inlet To Jupiter Inlet Out 20 Nm-

Saturday
Northeast winds 5 knots becoming southeast 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 feet. A light chop on the intracoastal waters.

Sunday
Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. A light chop on the intracoastal waters.

good dive. this weekend looks perfect so far :up:

Joe.A
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Friday
Snot
Waves
Wind
Current
So many spinners the beach was closed to swimmers.
Just sucked