PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 LWI- Rough water snapper

Ryfish
03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
We had high hopes for Sunday as it looked like we might have weather window. It has been a tough couple of months with the weather and lack of fish....... As we got to the boat the wind started back up and we knew we where in for a punishing wet ride and couldn't do the bluewater. The good news is that all the east winds really pushed in the clear GS water in and the vis was great on the inshore stuff.

We hit a couple of secret cubera snapper spots and Killian and Yury both shot some nice ones.

Also the gags where being very friendly and would cozy up to you to say Hi...... :rolleyes:

We toughed it out and had some good diving. Hope this week the wind lays down, I still am itching to get a mahi over 40lbs and the spring run should start heating up soon.

Also I was wondering if any one heard of what was going on just South of the Inlet in about 100ft. Looked like something huge half sunken the CC was out there along with a bunch of large tow boats?

freediver17
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Not a bad day. How big were the seas?

Ryfish
03-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Not a bad day. How big were the seas?

4ft with wind chop on top. Felt like some 6fters rolled though too.

headhunter561
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
nice cubies boys, those seas look steep!

Johnoly
03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the conditions report and nice job on the fish!! Usually the month of April is blowing winds all the time, but this has been a rough start to March.

TheMackDaddy
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
nice catches!

greekdiver
03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
nice catch for a rough day!

Gruper Reeper
03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Nice cubero's ... That mess of tug boats you saw out there was a barge towing about a quarter mile of dredge pipe either south or bringing it north. Either way .. I'd love to meet the guy that had the bright idea to try and move something that large in 4-5ft seas.... When it got out of control they decided to dump anchor on gvner's walk so I'm sure it did some damage.

Ryfish
03-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Nice cubero's ... That mess of tug boats you saw out there was a barge towing about a quarter mile of dredge pipe either south or bringing it north. Either way .. I'd love to meet the guy that had the bright idea to try and move something that large in 4-5ft seas.... When it got out of control they decided to dump anchor on gvner's walk so I'm sure it did some damage.

Ahh thx was wondering what was going on. Looked like a cluster out there. Hope they didn't damage the reef to bad.