PDA

View Full Version : Looking for experienced spearfishman

TallyHo
02-24-2003, 10:18 AM
I am a new member with a 34' Venture open fish and live in
Tampa. I have been spearfishing for 7 years. I go spearfishing
anywhere from 7 miles out to the middle Grounds. Looking for experienced spearfishman for future trips anytime after 2-27

Dive4Blood
02-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Why don't you look into joining a spearfishing club? Scott, John Hermes, Financial Advis, Deepfish, Shooter Dan, ICEMAN, and myself are all Spearboard members that belong to the Suncoast Seals. It's a great way to network with other divers, and in addition to being able to particpate in many one day tournaments you could shoot in our members only year long competition. We meet the first Tuesday of every month in New Port Richey, send me a private message and I'll get you more info.

The Venture is a great FAST boat, just don't get caught in rough seas. We took a Grade-A pounding in the St Pete Open last year. I would be interested in doing up a trip as long as I'm not already committed to helping run a Middlegrounds charter or a commercial trip. Standing by.

Steel Shootin'
02-24-2003, 12:11 PM
The Ventures are great boats. Just sold mine a few months ago, which had to do with wanting a boat that was more diver friendly. Nonetheless, given the speed, I sure wouldn't turn down a trip on one. Am happy to pay my share of expenses, and assist with cleaning.

Merk
02-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Tallyho - welcome to Spear Board. Ditto what they said, you won't have trouble finding company around here.

fishkilla
02-24-2003, 04:11 PM
i've got skills and an underwater camera to prove that we killed fish. let me know when you want to go... i'll be there with air, ice and gas money in hand. i live in brandon so i'm not too far from you. weekends are the best for me.

Steel Shootin'
02-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Did I mention that I have an ice machine with a 500# bin? :D

johnhermes
02-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Me tooo.......;)

Reefrat
02-28-2003, 11:26 AM
I haven't seen such blatant self centered attemps to gain favor in all my life! I thought you guys were above all that.:o

Oh yea I forgot you guys liked the Buc's & the Gator's. Silly me that expains it. :p

ps- if you cant beat em join em- My cousin works for a beer company(read free beer). :D

richhermes
02-28-2003, 12:03 PM
I own the Mons Venus, (read free titty).

:D :D

bgbill
03-22-2003, 12:07 AM
I am experienced also and have a boat and plenty of gear.

E-mail me and we can get together, I am always looking for experienced fish killers.

Mr Throw Pole
03-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi i'm 21 and from Miami but am willing to travel. I mostly freedive ut over on the westcoast scuba is popular. I'm also a registered diver and have about 6 bottle am willing to take but i'll mostly do free on anything 85 and under. Here is my website and you can see for yourself some fish. Keep in mind these were taken out of miami were fish are scarce and AFRAID of anything. http://groups.msn.com/MrThrowpole then click miami fish

slipknot
03-26-2003, 06:26 PM
I don't know wich is worse,the speared Snook,or the heavy volume maxipad in the bottom right of your pic.???:eek:

Mr Throw Pole
03-26-2003, 10:26 PM
slipknot i don't know aboutnyou but over in the zuela spearing snook is perfectly legal and smiled upon, and if your such a gansta at throwing poles let me see some jpegs

fishkilla
03-26-2003, 11:10 PM
shoot snook for all i care... there are so many huge monster snook on all the tampa bay artificial reefs it's pathetic. the only thing that eats them is the monster jewfish that are so prolific on these reefs. there needs to be a permit for jewfish and snook. i've thought long and hard about pulling the trigger on the many 20# linesiders that just sit right in front of my gun.

Deep Relief
03-27-2003, 06:11 PM
It's legal to shoot a snook in Federal waters, but you can't bring them back in through Florida state waters!! What is that?? I have to come in; in Ga.....

201proguide
04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
ive thought the same thing, but for jewfish. man it takes some self dicipline not to pull the trigger when that dumb blob of meat is just staring you down.