Spearchucker
10-26-2004, 07:39 PM
test

Spearchucker
10-26-2004, 09:23 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/abcsports/2000/0920/photo

kitefisherman
10-26-2004, 09:26 PM
SC: will I see you at the game this weekend?

Spearchucker
10-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Actually, I did not plan on going, and I will not. Had I known Zook would be canned, I would have definetely gone.

From 1987 to 2001, I missed, maybe, a total of 10 home games. That number is probably on the high side. When they (or more specifically, Jeremy) hired Zook, I have not been to one home game since. I did attend the Outback Bowl against Michigan, and was so completely disgusted that I vowed never again until Zook was canned.

I was a Florida student from 1987 to 1991. I lived through the pain of Galen Hall. The day he was fired, I told my Dad: They will hire Spurrier, and we will win the SEC. Three months later, Bill Arnsparger hired Steve Spurrier and the rest was history.

I was at the Game where we broke a 7-7 tie and walloped Auburn 48-7 for our first win against them in four years. I was at the game when we FINALLY beat Georgia 42-14, the first win against them in five years. My last game as an undergrad, we beat FSU 14-9 and it was the best day of my life.

I was at the SuperDome when we hung 52 on the Noles for the National Title.

I barely missed a game while SOS was at the helm, but the decision to hire Zook so disgusted me, I vowed to not attend until his sorry ass was gone. Remember, this man was demoted and damn near fired by the HBC.

The day has come, and I only hope that Jeremy and Bernie are smart enough to give the HBC his job back if he so desires. The man absolutely bleeds Orange and Blue, has done more for Florida sports than all others combined, and DAMMIT, if he wants his job back, he damn well deserves it.

If SOS declines, I only hope that Bob Stoops decides living in Norman, Oklahoma truly does suck.