PDA

View Full Version : Capital City Dive Charters

Nitroxshooter
11-21-2004, 09:19 AM
We are getting ready to bring the newboat home to Carrabelle. the boat will be in full operation on 01/01/04. we plan on 2-3 Middle grounds trips prior to 01/01/04. This will give me "shake down" time on the boat to insure it is truely ready for some Slaying. OK, I know the grounds isn't needed for winter diving so I will really be around the "Hatch, SM1, Madison areas :D

Come join us for a trip aboard "PRESSURE DROP", North Floridas largest purpose built dive boat. This is not a cattle boat nor will it ever be! I hate cattle boats and want everyone to enjoy SPACE for diving. The boat is Coast Guard inspectable for 49 divers though! Think 49 minus 43 leaves A LOT of room for you and your group.

SpearDiverTampa
11-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Finally the day is near. Kamen has already put me through his rigorous fish killing boot camp to prepare me for the mass of fish that we will be taking on the Pressure Drop, and I have already begun my mental preparations as well. I have spent weeks searching through the Spearboardís Archives like a football coach reviewing game tape, and am prepared as the Pressure Drop's boat bitch to compete with Armando in the battle of cleverly titled and written trip reports :D The boat is AMAZING...and you can bet that we will be out there killing the big ones. The Pressure Drop will be worth the drive for all you guys south of us, and we will be the premier operation for the North Florida as well as Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and other out-of-towners ready to see what the grounds and north Florida waters have to offer. Itís gonna be sweet!

PatMyGreen
12-02-2004, 01:06 PM
You will have my business soon. I just need to make 5 friends now.

Wayward Son
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Pat, I might be ables to get in on a trip next year, maybe february.

biggsy
12-02-2004, 01:29 PM
I can get a couple of divers (3) Pat.
What kind of prices and services Nitrox? Do you guys have a compressor on board?

Congrats on getting the boat. Can't wait to see the final pics!

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Kamen is in Louisiana doing the final preperations to bring the boat to Carabelle. He will be getting in Sunday. We're turning it around and will be christening it with blood on a trip monday-tuesday. There has been talk of having a compressor with nitrox fills on the boat, you will only need to bring 2 tanks, and we fill the empty while your diving. Until then, it will be the standard bring 6 tanks jobber. The open transom is gonna be sweet. You guys are gonna love it!
-Chris

jfg
12-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Sounds sweet, can't wait for all the details to be given. There are a few spearos up around here looking for a good boat for group trips to spear some fish. Details, details, details,....please:D

biggsy
12-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Sounds sweet Chris. I hope you guys go for the Nitrox fills. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Good luck on the christening.

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 01:56 PM
ICE COLD AIR!!! and delicious warmth this time of year. Ooh yeah and it's included in the price of the trip.

PatMyGreen
12-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Is there any restriction on tanks, like # of LPs?
I think I'll be losing my grounds cherry on this ride when I can put the time together. I'm up for a long day three tanker anytime Biggsy and Wayward. Chris' signature has the link to the prices. Will they stay the same for the new boat?

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I have heard from some charter customers that they get worried about the crew diving with them because the crew members are down there shooting all the good fish, and the customers feel that the crew are shooting the fish they paid to get an opportunity to shoot. Though I am from the other school of thought and believe that in the grounds its good to be down there shooting fish and making a commotion(which I believe bring the bigger and more wary fish in to you, not to mention someone watching your six for BucketOne eating Tiger Sharks:D), as a customer you will have the option to dive w/out the crew.

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
The prices on the website will be the prices on the new boat. For $2400 you get the boat for a two day trip. Thats $400 pp. Price includes:
-Food and Drinks
-Me as your bitch(Just dont be too lazy{Zack im looking at you}):D
-Ice cold air/Heater/Warm Water
-No tank restrictions(Kamen dives LP's)
-Unlimited use of the world's finest Marine Seating...E-SeaRider Beanbags
-All fishing bait and tackle included
-48" Flatscreen TV and DVD Player...BYOP (I will try to not get too excited, and keep the sleep-talking to a minimum;))
-Fat stringers:

http://www.scubadivecharters.com/_borders/DCP_0844.JPG

PatMyGreen
12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Safety in numbers, especially when they are more experieced divers that do it all the time. I'd be happy to have you shooting with me, not pissed.

Good edit!
Thats a happy stringer.

Double Down
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Pat and Biggsy,

I would love to get in on that trip with you guys. I can go anytime after the first of the year. I would love to make my first grounds trip on this boat.

Wayward Son
12-02-2004, 02:28 PM
February would be the absolute soonest I could swing a MG trip. Depending on my budget, maybe a bit later. Please note that I do, however, intend to do a trip there sometime next year. It'd be great if we could make it a group from SB.

Don B
12-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Gentlemen, and spearboard trash too, this is one great looking boat. Built right here in my home town. I got to climb up the dive latter yesterday, onto the deck of a vessel made for one thing, diving. It's hard to believe that it will only be bring 6 divers at a time, the room is unreal. Those who make the trip will surly be raving about it on the board, as for myself I'm trying to get a trip going for Mardi Gras. I'm sure this will become one of the few really great spearfishing operations going. But as for the boat being back by Sunday, well lets say things are a little behind, and the crew seams a little tense. I'm going to see if a few cold ones and a little creole food might help, loosen things up.

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Yep...Talked to Kamen an hour ago, and now their hoping to have the boat in Carabelle by Monday. Christening is rescheduled for thursday.
-Chris

jfg
12-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, looks like I got to speed up the Nitrox training schedual and get in a few dives with it, then head South, swing by and pick up Wayword Son, and hook up with ya'll for the boat of the century trip:D

markZ
12-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Chris -
Put me down for the first open slot to the MG.
Z

greyface
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
I've done many dives from a 42' Newton, with up to 20 divers, and always had enough room. A 49' with only 6 divers is just sick! You guys are in for a real treat!:cool:

Spear One
12-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Our next boat is going to be a Newton. 6 divers on a 46 foot Newton? Don't forget your Frisbee!

SpearDiverTampa
12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
It will actually be a total of 8 Divers including the crew...but I still think there will be a little breathing room;) As your cruise director, I will be arranging numerous events to pass the time and make your voyage a more enjoyable one. After lunch customers will have the option of Frisbee Golf(Good guess SpearOne) upstairs as well as a flag football tournament on the lido deck. :D

dagodiver
12-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Way to cool...!!!!

Please sign me up for the "Empire Mica" dive. First available spot.
Or the MG's if you need a single diver.

thanks
Dago.

Don B
12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Well it looks like the boats going to get wet, they are due to put it in the water this morning. The weather is not looking good, so lets wish the capt. and crew, a safe and smooth ride home.

PatMyGreen
12-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Absolutely, I hope it is an enjoyable cruise.

Nitroxshooter
12-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks to Julie McKoy (Chris) he seems to have eveything up to date. Don B was the first SB member to step foot on the boat after she touched the water. He is ready for some serious diving!

I'm tired from the long trip so I will make a post late Tuesday to tell you how the trip went. I'll be at The Moorings in Carrabelle all day tomorrow cleaning the boat getting it ready for some excellent spearing. Spear One I would like you to come up when ever you can for a ride on the Newton. Truely an unreal boat both space ride and economy. 20 knt. cruise , 315 nm, 267 gallons burned, 51' overall length!!!!!

If anyone is interested in a Newton please contact me for information about the boats.

SpearDiverTampa
12-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Spent a couple hours down at the boat today rather than studying for tomorrows 2 final exams :cool: The boat is not nearly finished being outfitted and it already sets itself apart. Was in awe of the cool features such as the flatscreen tv, the xm radio driven high quality outdoor speakers, dual ac units, and the plush e-searider marine seating ;) . Snapped a couple pictures, and must say that the pics dont do the boats size justice. The deck space of this boat is inredible. The pic below I think helps...Kamen is standing on the back of the boat and look how friggin far away he is:

SpearDiverTampa
12-07-2004, 09:03 PM
View from the back:

SpearDiverTampa
12-07-2004, 09:05 PM
inside

Steel Shootin'
12-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Congratulations, Kamen. The boat looks great. Best wishes for success....I have no doubt that you'll have no shortage of people lining up for a trip on that mercedes.

f94gator
12-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh, Mother of God, I'm in love.

Nitroxshooter
12-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks Scott, I'm outfitting the boat this whole week! The carpet was installed just after Chris left the boat. I will post some pictures of the boat in a little while afte I down load them I will also post some trip pictures of what we went through!

Don B
12-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Kamen I was glad to get your message, looks like I'm going to get blown out , again. I'm ready to dive so get that boat done! By the way pictures don't do it justice.

Spear One
12-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Those pics were taken at the Moorings in Carrabelle right?

That is one sweet boat......congratulations Kamen.

PS, all you need now is a few custom SS Speargun Racks and that boat will be a killin' machine.

Nitroxshooter
12-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Here are a few picture I took just before she was splashed. Don B. Thank you for all of your help running us around LA. You are one hell of a good guy. I hope to see you soon for your Mardi Gras dive trip!!! Spear One I will be ordering two new racks probably today from you!

http://www.scubadivecharters.com/images/DSCF0070.JPG

http://www.scubadivecharters.com/images/DSCF0072.JPG

This one is for Sandi bottom
http://www.scubadivecharters.com/images/DSCF0080.JPG

http://www.scubadivecharters.com/images/DSCF0087.JPG

http://www.scubadivecharters.com/images/DSCF0091.JPG

Be at the Moorings all week setting it up!

SpearDiverTampa
12-08-2004, 09:10 AM
There we go...that picture of it lengthwise out of the water gives you a better feel for how big it is.

Chad Carney
12-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Wow!

SANDIBOTTOM
12-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Cap't K,
This is a killer boat..The amount of room is huge....The pictures really do not do it justice...I've been on his new boat several times and I can park my Newton 36 on the back deck of the 46 Newton..

Nitroxshooter
12-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Update!

Sandibottoms many foot prints have been washed off the boat. No really I have to give a HUGE thanks to Sandibottom for all of his help & do's & Don'ts. He really helped me set this boat up right with his ideas.
The galley has been installed and I'm working on the port side seating today. Gun racks! I knew I had to order something!!!! Kevin contact Sandibottom for me, we tried to call you but you were out.

My fishbox is on the boat and ready for ice & blood.

Fishkabobs
12-16-2004, 01:37 PM
That boat is amazing! I'm up for some trips.