View Full Version : 3-9-03 Ft.Pierce Loster Report

ICEMAN
03-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Boat Swiss Miss with 5 Divers
Seas 1-2'
Vis 15-20'
Dept 45-85'
Lobster 30 up to 7.5 lb

The lobster where all over.Best dive Shane with 9 Bugs in one dive.No fish to speak of.

Dive4Blood
03-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Nice haul! Why don't you bring some tails for your fellow dive club members at Hooters tomorrow night?

Steel Shootin'
03-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Nicely done. If I came up with nine tails, I wouldn't care that I didn't shoot any fish!

Diverdave76
03-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Nice haul!!! How big were your bugs? We got a couple of 4 #er's
2 weeks ago out on Bethel Shoals. We docked in Ft Pierce for three nights while we hunted the area. We didn't see a whole lot of fish either. We did see some monster Cobia....one is still swimming around with one of my buddies shafts still in him. Vis was real poor but we saw 6 Mantas in one day. That was pretty cool.

Dave

ICEMAN
03-12-2003, 11:23 AM
I am holding a 6 and a 6.5lb Bug.Next time you dive Ft.Pierce
contact me and I will e-mail you #for the 70'area NE and
straigth East out of the Inlet and # to the Beach N. Vis is a
problem in Ft.Pierce due to the groundswells from the NE.
5' is very common in the Spring.

1bumknee
03-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Nice job Ice

Im heading down to Stuart next week, hope to do half as well as that. Any reports of Dolphin down there yet?

fishkilla
03-13-2003, 07:15 PM
hey iceman you dive with a guy named shane? i think i've seen your grouper pic at his marine shop. my buddie hunts with him. scott showalter.

we love getting over to ft pierce and grabbin bugs. the size and number of them over there is amazing.

ICEMAN
03-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey Fishkilla.
Shane is a hell of lobster graber.With the speargun he
can't hit the broad side of a big barn.Good guy to have
on the boat.Shane and I been diving for 10 plus years out
of my boat.We are going this weekend again.
Iceman

fishkilla
03-17-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah man i've met shane. he turned my group of lobster slayers to the ft pierce area about 3 years ago. before that we used to go play with those baby bugs down in the keys. ever since the first drop i did on a ledge in ft pierce i've been sold on that area. that vis down there is a double edged sword. bad vis lets those bugs get that big over there but it sure can ruin a dive weekend. last time i was there in september it was top to bottom with a few bugs around each ledge.