PDA

View Full Version : Awesome fish art!

chuam
05-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I met Amadeo here on Spearboard.com a couple of years ago. Talked with him online a couple of times and finally got to meet him in person at the Del Mar FHS about 3 years ago. He had done the scientific paintings for the DFG fish identification book and was sitting at the DFG booth. He had a bunch of the scientific plate prints with him but unfortunately it didn't seem like he was getting much love selling them as the DFG booth seemed to scare most people off. Luckily I saw the prints and loved them. My wife thought they were great and we ended up buying 9 of them that day.

He didn't make it to the FHS in 2011 but my wife and I had been watching his website and he had some truly beautiful artwork.

He let everyone know he was going to be at the 2012 FHS and I got to see more of his work firsthand at Long Beach when I worked the BD booth. I told the wife about his new stuff and we decided to buy some when he came to Del Mar.

At Del Mar we couldn't decide between two of the "giclee" prints. We waffled back and forth as she liked one I really liked another. We finally decided that we would get both. I also ended up buying a couple of shirts as well.

The giclees arrived yesterday and they went up on the wall. These prints are done on canvas and then he touches them up by hand. They were stretched over a frame and then framed with our choice of wood.

I couldn't be happier and they look awesome. If you are interested fishing related art his stuff is incredible. The pictures below don't do justice to how great these look.

You can view all his work here:

http://www.abachar.com/

Thanks again Amadeo!

Octopus, halibut, calico, WSB and lobster:

YT on a paddy:

CaseyR
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
awesome artwork! wish i could scrap up enough money for a painting for my new house. I'll definitely keep him in mind

chuam
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
awesome artwork! wish i could scrap up enough money for a painting for my new house. I'll definitely keep him in mind

The giclees were pretty reasonably priced for the quality. The ones I got are large also.

The smaller prints are much more affordable and still look great.

dpc
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I bet I can guess which one you wanted and which one Sam wanted!

SpearMax
05-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Great art Marcus :)

http://www.spearboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=172483&d=1337717231