PDA

View Full Version : get your deer tags?

IB Boyd
06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Anybody get drawn for premiums? I got my a-22 and d-16 this year. That way I have two tags for tag soup:lol:

toptuna
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Hahahah. I just got points.

spearwolf
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Our group got D-7 and Just more points for X9A, bummer.

CaptainLeo
06-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Anybody get drawn for premiums? I got my a-22 and d-16 this year. That way I have two tags for tag soup:lol:

Man, way to think positive!:D I got the same thing. Hopefully with the A-22 I'll at least get a doe. That's all I saw last year until after the season ended then I started seeing some little forks.

IB Boyd
06-20-2012, 12:40 AM
I miss ranged a doe last year during a22, zipped an arrow right over her back:(. Bought a range finder for this year.

phil herranen
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM
I just grab a "A" zone and take a yard deer if I have time to deal with it . there are 3 bucks in the first pic
Phil

jimikinz
06-20-2012, 01:34 AM
I go a D-16 and the late Muzzleloader M6 tag.....perfect season....I love that M6 tag....last two weeks of December.

fish impaler
06-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Got an AO

MonkeyChunks1
06-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Man, way to think positive!:D I got the same thing. Hopefully with the A-22 I'll at least get a doe. That's all I saw last year until after the season ended then I started seeing some little forks.

Hey Hit me up man,we can hunt together this year. I still havent picked up my tags but i figured i will get a general tag for Cleveland and 1 for Camp Pendleton.
I still have my pig tag to fill so let me know if you have free time.

CaptainLeo
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey Hit me up man,we can hunt together this year. I still havent picked up my tags but i figured i will get a general tag for Cleveland and 1 for Camp Pendleton.
I still have my pig tag to fill so let me know if you have free time.

You should probably hurry up and get your D-16 as it might be getting close to being sold out. I'm trying to stay away from doing any rifle hunting unless absolutely necessary. I have D16 and A22, so I should get at least one.

MonkeyChunks1
06-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Just got my D16 tag and iam waiting to get my G10.
Either way i hope to put one down.

fish impaler
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
How have you guys been doing? A zone archery opened up last weekend. I've seen a half dozen does and one spike buck, all on public land. This is my first season, and I've been having a great time just seeing ANY deer at all.

CaptainLeo
07-21-2012, 12:26 PM
D-16 doesn't open until Sep. 1 for archery, so, nothing yet. I haven't had the time to go scout, yet, but hopefully I will be able to get up there soon.

bearclaw
07-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I have my AO and A31, bear, two pigs, and two bobcat tags.

The A zone opener was BS for me, traveled almost 40 miles on the mountain bike and only saw 3 does, this area always holds later in rifle season but have never been there this early, apparently they get forced back there.

I will go set a camera in a little bear spot tomorrow and see if yogi is still where he has been every year for the last 5. I see that bear every time I am back there during deer season before bear opens, but never have seen him during bear season, but this is the year!

Good luck fellas! I am getting my dad to bring my shotguns this year so I will kill something with a gun for the first time in forever, though only quail and maybe a few ducks if my buddies make me!

IB Boyd
07-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I have my AO and A31, bear, two pigs, and two bobcat tags.

The A zone opener was BS for me, traveled almost 40 miles on the mountain bike and only saw 3
I LIKE the mountain bike idea. Have been thinking about trying that this season. Do you rig up a bow rack or keep it on your pack? Did a little easy scouting this weekend, saw nothing with horns.

bearclaw
07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/ZekeB/811d5279.jpg

I have a rack on the back and panniers, I strap the lid of my pack (mystery ranch crew cab) to the handlebars with my water, Binos, and camera, and the pack with my longbow on my back.

The mountain bike makes a great steed that doesn't crap all over the place like a flesh one, and as long as you are capable can tackle almost any trail...

fish impaler
08-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Been hunting probably 6 days a week, before or after work, seeing does and spikes frequently, and a few forks on private land. Got an a-32 tag as well.

CaptainLeo
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Haven't been up yet, kind of bummed about that. But, it looks like I'll be hunting private property this year, not bummed!

fish impaler
09-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Got a week off work before school starts, and an archery tag for AB and D zones.
also built a bow rack for my mtn. bike.

Any suggestions? I might be driving up to the bay area sunday, open to any public land in between.
Hike/bike in 1-2 nights

Thanks !
PM's welcome ;)