PDA

View Full Version : Water clearing Pug Grouper Spotted

Dykoke1
09-03-2012, 07:38 AM
By the days end on Sunday the waters were looking a little bit better as we could see around 30 to 40 feet.

For the last three days there has been a Greater Hammer head that is about 510 cm long and a s big around as a shark can get. I think that the girl is pregnant.

The 510 cm length is accurate as I put the lasers on her on Friday, that 17 ft. The shark has stayed on the MG111 now for three days and has no fear of divers or vessels. She swims up to my dive platform and sniffs the scupper of Dykoke from time to time during the day. I suspect that she likes eating grouper by the size of here belly.

The Pug Grouper was photographed yesterday on structure between the Zion and the MG111. She was in a group of 40 plus GGs. I caught the Pug originally on the bow of the Zion Train four weeks ago.

Attached is a Photo of a fish captured and release on Saturday. The Goliath would have broke the Florida weight record. It was as long as all the back deck of my vessel. "Not Chris" the man in the photo is 6' 4" tall, he could not even reach the back of this fishes stomach when checking the stomach contents.

There were a lot of Ribbon fish dieing in the water column yesterday did any of you all see the while diving. Some Ribbon fish were four or five foot long. The Goliath saw them, and ate them too.

Waiting2Exhale
09-03-2012, 08:31 AM
That thing is a dinosaur!!!!!

headhunter561
09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
damn Mike that thing is huge!

SpearMax
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Wow!

http://www.spearboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=178181&d=1346675733