PDA

View Full Version : Need to get wet

airman-E5
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Hay east cost Florida have been dive the gulf here in ft Myers Florida for a few years now shot lots of fish some big some small had a few fights with bull sharks... But now my friends boat needs major work on it so I'm grounded.. The charter boats from the dive shops here are charging $175 for a 3 tank dive that because here in the gulf you have to go 25 miles for 65ft. of water and most of the time the vis sucks... I know what good vis is like I dove in the Philippines, all over the carabian, Mexico and central America and the Florida keys... so the visability stinks in the gulf most of the time but the spearfishing can be very good.. So anyway I'm thinking of the east coast around Jupiter sence you only need to go 2 miles for deep water I would think it would be less money for a dive shop carter for spearfishing?... sence it's only about a 3 hour Car dive it maybe worth it..... I dove once over there and the vis was good but the currents were strong...anyway I have an advanced C card with deep diver wreck diver and nitrox certifications.. So If any one knows of a good dive shop charter boat or if anyone needs a helping hand with gas.. Please give response ........

airman-E5
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
110 views and no response to any good dive shops with Dive boats on the east coast around Jupiter or just north or south of interstate 75...... I guess there are none.."

muttonluvr
09-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Jupiter dive center runs a cattle boat out of jupiter..

BOHICA
09-29-2012, 03:33 PM
110 views and no response to any good dive shops with Dive boats on the east coast around Jupiter or just north or south of interstate 75...... I guess there are none.."

GOOGLE:lol:

2GuysFishCo
09-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Wish I could help out a military man, but I'm too far north to know what's going on down there. Try GillBilly on this forum, he is out of Stuart. Probably has less vis, but also less current and sharks to deal with and more fishy waters.

airman-E5
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
For the person who said google... Thanks your a BIG help and judging form your poem a little weird ... For the person who said go to Stuart that something I had no knowledge of that the current is less there..thats why I came to this site for some help from my fellow spearos. So with no smart A$$ answers can anyone reccomend a good spear friendly dive charter boat that one person can call and say do you have any trips I can join because it's just me......... Thanks for any help......

headfirst
09-30-2012, 06:33 AM
There are several good spear friendly charters in the area. Emerald is a big boat out of Jupiter. They probably go out everyday.
Gillbilly is a smaller boat 4-6 divers. You should contact him to see his schedule. I don't think he goes every day. He runs out of Stuart or jupiter depending on the conditions.
There are others as well. A quick search of the east coast section would give you some others.

reef roamer
09-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Emerald is definitely spear friendly, i dive with Randy at least once a week and my dinners are all from the sea. as for the current, yes there is current, you can't fight, it use it to your benefit you can hunt with little effort if you keep it behind you. Gillbilly is also spear friendly, vis is on and off but much less current out of Port Selarno, both great charters and always bring home the bacon ;). happy hunting

GillBilly
09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Come check me out. Im out every Saturday n Sunday. I do two tanker mostly nitrox but if not thats ok. All hunting more wrecks and structures then reef lines. But always find big fish in and around here. I maybe the cheapest guy out of jupiter n stuart. Very fun n comfortable boat. Call me

BOHICA
09-30-2012, 10:30 AM
For the person who said google... Thanks your a BIG help and judging form your poem a little weird ... For the person who said go to Stuart that something I had no knowledge of that the current is less there..thats why I came to this site for some help from my fellow spearos. So with no smart A$$ answers can anyone reccomend a good spear friendly dive charter boat that one person can call and say do you have any trips I can join because it's just me......... Thanks for any help......

If your going to post on this board...you had better grow some thicker skin!
P.s.
Its a quote! Lol:tool:

airman-E5
09-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok Bohica sorry about that.. Just need some good advice don't know much about the east coast ... the one time I dove there i was flying in the current... I was going so fast i was afraid the boat would loose me in the 4 ft. Seas... good thing I was carrying a signal tube....

danny.gilner
09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Ok Bohica sorry about that.. Just need some good advice don't know much about the east coast ... the one time I dove there i was flying in the current... I was going so fast i was afraid the boat would loose me in the 4 ft. Seas... good thing I was carrying a signal tube....

john with hypnautical dive charters is good, he runs a 6 pack, bugs and fish but thats in west palm beach! he makes the Koah spearguns.

btw dont listen to BOHICA hes a BIG trash talker!!!

BOHICA
09-30-2012, 02:15 PM
john with hypnautical dive charters is good, he runs a 6 pack, bugs and fish but thats in west palm beach! he makes the Koah spearguns.

btw dont listen to BOHICA hes a BIG trash talker!!!

WTF? Your getting as bad as your Bro!:lol: I used to like you! Bring a compass next time we go hunting!
And find someone to pull your junky ass FORD out next time also:eek:
Lol

BOHICA
09-30-2012, 02:18 PM

No harm bro...we all bust balls here.
John is a good guy to dive with like my loser dive buddy Danny says. A few of us up this way use his guns...badass:gun:
Dive safe

RyanofOZ
09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
x2 for Emerald. If I dont take my own boat, I go with Randy. Great bunch of people. All speros.

airman-E5
10-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the help will contact these dive operations and maybe get some dives in before the water gets to cold...