PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter kayak launch?

AndrewK
10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Got a friend coming into jupiter tomorrow and Ill be taking him out on the kayaks up there hook n line fishing friday for the day. Wheres a good area we can launch into the backwaters from without getting killed or ticketed? not looking for any specific spots to fish as we have the whole day to find some fish, just a good place to get into the water safely.

surfnsnow
10-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Theres a kayak launch off central blvd. just north of Indiantown rd. where you can cruise east then either head up the loxahatchee river which will be the most scenic once closer to Jonathan Dickinson state park or a branch that heads through tequesta. Otherwise you can launch on jupiter island in the intercoastal waterway which is the easiest launch and head towards the hobe sound area north which has the best fishing around the hobe sound wildlife refuge

AndrewK
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info. Dubois park, is there a charge for parking?

surfnsnow
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't recommend dubois, i recommend the north side of inlet which is jupiter island. you can launch on a one mile strip into the intracoastal waterway. take the bridge over to jupiter island from us 1 or alt a1a ends up becoming Beach rd. at the intersection of us1 and alt a1a. lots of people launch from there

surfnsnow
10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
from there, paddle north or if you're not from around here, facing the intracoastal go right. you'll pass Tiger Woods place on right and Burt Reynolds on the left and then you start to get to better fishing grounds around Hobe Sound Wildlife Refuge on mainland side. theres lots of grass flats and fish. I saw a guy haul in the biggest trout ever and have seen tons of baitfish running through there. if you need live bait, theres a guy on center street near the train tracks next to the donut shop

AndrewK
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't recommend dubois, i recommend the north side of inlet which is jupiter island. you can launch on a one mile strip into the intracoastal waterway. take the bridge over to jupiter island from us 1 or alt a1a ends up becoming Beach rd. at the intersection of us1 and alt a1a. lots of people launch from there

Cool, thanks for the info!

surf&dive
10-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey Andrew. The spot that's being described is right accross the street from Coral Cove Park. The launch spot is just 100 yards or so to the south of the Coral Cove. Park along the road on the gravel on either side of A1A. Jump in the yaks, head north, catch fish, then repeat. Good luck man!

AndrewK
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks cliff! We still need to get together n dive one of these days!