PDA

View Full Version : NE FL/Jax area divers

pirate_diver
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Sorry to keep bombarding the section with shark stuff but...........

Anyone in the Jax area should tune in tonight at 5pm and/or 6pm to Channel 4 (News4Jax) or Channel 6 to see two interviews I did today discussing the white sharks off NE FL, Mary Lee's movements, and our future plans to do research on white sharks here at UNF.

Also, tomorrow morning, 7am, myself and Dr. Jim Gelsleichter (my adviser) will be on the News4Jax Morning show doing another live interview!

Ready2Go
01-09-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw the piece on Ch4. It was a nice story. Remarkable how far she swims. Makes you wonder if this was the same GW that the guys out of St Aug ran into on Xmas Eve?

pirate_diver
01-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I saw the piece on Ch4. It was a nice story. Remarkable how far she swims. Makes you wonder if this was the same GW that the guys out of St Aug ran into on Xmas Eve?

Thanks! We were pretty happy with the piece too, along with the morning show segment!

Also, I can say with 100% certainty that it wasn't the one they saw off St. Augustine on xmas eve...Mary Lee was hanging out off Myrtle Beach, SC on xmas eve (just take a look at her track).

awthacker
01-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Some hack from JU was trying to steal your thunder on the radio the other day. Keep up the good work, although I must admit that the coverage of this has gone way overboard.

pirate_diver
01-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Some hack from JU was trying to steal your thunder on the radio the other day. Keep up the good work, although I must admit that the coverage of this has gone way overboard.

Yea...I can't be in 20 places at once for all the interviews...haha. And I agree, it's cool that it got attention (always good for the science side and raising awareness), but it has gone a bit overboard. It's not the first time the sharks have pinged off NE FL, and probably won't be the last.

And there are many more out there that aren't being tracked, that are probably doing very similar movements!

Waiting2Exhale
01-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Some aquaintences ran into Mary Lee the other day while in the water. Waitin to see the pics!!!!!

pirate_diver
01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
They ran into Mary Lee or another white shark?!?! That is crazy! I'd like to see the pics too! They should contact OCEARCH and let them know, I'm sure they would be pretty interested to hear about their encounter!

Waiting2Exhale
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Sorry for the delay. I was told it was ML and you could see the tag. I asked my buddy about it and he said he was gonna try and contact the guys.....

pirate_diver
01-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Henry - Did they get pics? Have them submit a report to our sighting database! I have been in direct communication with the OCEARCH team a lot recently...given Mary Lee's movements. I can pass on any photos directly to Chris Fischer, along with any other pertinent info.

Waiting2Exhale
01-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Henry - Did they get pics? Have them submit a report to our sighting database! I have been in direct communication with the OCEARCH team a lot recently...given Mary Lee's movements. I can pass on any photos directly to Chris Fischer, along with any other pertinent info.

Man I have no idea but I'll let you know when I hear back about but im sure if they did the pics would be smeared all over by now. Then again maybe not....I keep you posted though when I hear back....