PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon Night Dive 16 April - Sea Dogs

bristolxyz
03-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Wednesday Night 16 April 2003 is a full moon, We are scheduling a night dive. last year we didn't get in but 6 night dives. This year we're going to try and accomodate a few more.
Most of you have probably done a night dive, but if you're looking to "break someone in" to night diving or just want to have some fun, this is it. The diving is easy, and includes snacks during surface interval.

$65 - two tanks
Includes tanks and weights
Meet at shop at 6:00 PM

We plan on doing two of the wrecks out of Ponce Inlet.
Give me a call to book.

Warm regards,

Paul
http://www.mav-magazine.com/Jun1999/solar/full-moon-990401-2210-a.jpg

bristolxyz
04-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Did I mention that you can kill stuff too?

rusty
04-09-2003, 08:41 AM
What's spearfishing like at night? Never done it, but have thought about it.

BobK
04-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Probably great. You spear a fish, shark takes it. You spear another fish, shark takes it....:D

bristolxyz
04-09-2003, 07:44 PM
We did several night dives on the wrecks out of Ponce last year and I never did see any sharks. And we had some killing going on.

The night dives we did on the reefs were a different story. Out of 3 reef dives at night (2 tanks each) I only saw one shark (a blacktip, about 5 feet long). It hung around during our saftey stop and eyeballed the stringer, but never did get aggressive.

We will have several reef night dives scheduled soon. On the first night of mini season, we are always out on the reefs at night. "The early bird gets the worm.."

(It's not important to be able to swim faster than a shark, only that you be able to swim faster than the person you are with).

Oh yea, on the night dives (reef) the hogfish just lay there and beg to be blasted. (sleeping), it's almost unfair...

bristolxyz
04-12-2003, 11:31 PM
I still have several seats available for this dive. Give me a call. If you've never done a night dive.. don't miss it. :)

bristolxyz
04-24-2003, 10:48 PM
The night dive went really great. After the first dive teh moon was full and bright in the sky. I could turn my light off in 80 feet and look up to see it shining above.
Several guys brought guns, only fish available was flounder. One guy took about 30 flounder, maybe more.

Of the 16 on the charter, about half were night dive virgins, but we took care of that.

We have another one planned for the full moon on May 16th.