PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

spider
02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to give a big Thanks to Mr.Stodelle for hooking me up with some good diving on Maui.I had an awsome time even though I didn't spear anything,just being in the water and being able to see past my speartip was good enough for me cuz these SoCal diving conditions have been crap for the past few months and continue to be be due to the heavy rain.When will it end?

I learned a whole lot from this trip and for being new to this sport I learned a lot about myself.I learned that I was not as prepared as I thought I was.I learned that I really need to work on my bottom time cuz it really sucks right now.I learned more on this trip than I have in the past year and I plan to keep learning a whole lot more.Hopfully the next time i go I will be ready.Overall it was one of the best diving expieriances i have ever had,especially getting to meet Sean Stodelle.Sean is a cool guy and a good diver and I'm very glad i got to meet him.
Being able to hear the whales was probably one of my favoite parts.I have never heard them in real life and hearing and feeling the sound waves hit your body is something that will stay with me forever.Swimming with the turtels was pretty cool too and seeing all types of fish that I have never seen before was very exciting.The weather was clear and the water was warm, so warm that I was getting hot in my 3mm wetsuit.The only thing that sucked was that it was such a short trip but I can't complain because my girlfriend paid for it all. :)
Fish or no fish it was an expeiriance of a life time and Hawaii is a beautiful place in and out of the water.I plan to go again sometime in the near future.Thanks again Sean and hopfully we can meet up again the next time I go.

Thanks,
Waldo Gonzalez

P.S. Mabey next time we can hit up your secret North Shore spot.