PDA

View Full Version : sons or daughters that spear

sharpshooter
03-23-2003, 07:38 PM
My son just signed on this site as "sharpshooter jr.". He's in the navy stationed in san diego,ca.. He's with the "real" navy seals. He was on my boat at 3 months old for short trips. As he got older it was fishing trips, learning to snorkel. then dive and finally get cert.. At age 13 he was in the Fl. Middlegrounds shooting fish next to me at 130' in the St. Pete. Open. Back then he competed with adults. Awhile back they started a junior diviison. At the awards when they called out his name he went to claim his prize. The host thought he was going up to claim his dads prize. He said he was Mario and showed his cert. in his wallet. The host asked where is your dad? He said about 50 or so names further down on your prize list. Everyone in the place laughed. If you have a son or daughter that shows an interest in the sport let them try it out. I have never regreted teaching mine about the ocean or hunting.

Steel Shootin'
03-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Good advice and story. I got two boys ready to get certified and start hunting. I am going to have them go down and shadow me without a gun for a while, and work their way into it. Both their birthdays are in April, with one turning 14 and the other 11.

dlock
03-23-2003, 09:09 PM
damn you're old;)

fernandezh
03-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Sharpshooter has been shooting fish before I was born and is very experienced with spearing in the Tampa Bay area. That guy has a "book of numbers" that looks like the white pages. Unlike other old dudes, he hasn't let himself go and get fat and dumpy. At least not yet. :D He's definitely one of those guys who will be diving into his 90's.

Hector

sharpshooter
03-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Hope you're in shape for 40. Most 40 year olds i see wear their xx-large shirts over their guts. You can't tell if their wearing a belt cause of all the fat hanging over. If your really in shape,then you're in the top 10% of your age bracket. My dad was short one month from turning 99 years old when he passed away. My mom was 86 when she passed away. Pop had a 45 year old girlfriend in his early 90's that he complained about not having any stamana. Also he outlived 3 of his doctors. His secret in life was to "keep moving,when you stop,it's all over. Stay wet!!!

dlock
03-24-2003, 07:51 PM
damn I knew I shouldn't have put my birthdate on my profile:D

fernandezh
03-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Dlock,
Sharpshooter got you there. I've I am amazed at how well he was able to describe you although you guys have never met. :D

Hector

dlock
03-25-2003, 08:54 PM
:D bite me Hector :D

fernandezh
03-26-2003, 09:48 AM
:D Right back at you