PDA

View Full Version : Sechelt :: BC :: Video

Jadran
01-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Hallo all,
this is my first attempt at documenting my subterranean adventures, i hope you enjoy. The footage is from this past saturday on the sunshine coast in Sechelt BC / Canada.

It's hard to articulate my love for the water and the life within it, I hope over time all my videos can help translate the emotions:::

A Threadless, Patient Spider : Freediving / Spearfishing Sechelt - YouTube

Birdman
01-29-2014, 07:47 AM
Great video, thanks for sharing, whats the water temp like?

searun
01-29-2014, 10:02 AM
You did a good job. I enjoyed the video. You have some great viz right now.

SR

tomo
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
You did a good job of putting together your "subsea" adventures. Now, remember to unsnarl that floatline...
Please send that vis south.

Lancero
01-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Great video, good eye on spotting that starry flounder in the beginning I had to pause the video so I could see him.

kehloken
01-29-2014, 01:27 PM
It looks like your close to earls cove, agenomn channel area.(not sure on spelling)

No I'm Josh
01-29-2014, 03:42 PM
That scallop made me drool. Like the way you left the big ling alone, resisting the temptation to spook him. More videos! :)

Jadran
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@birdman:: water temp was roughly 7C / 45F, a welcomed shot of anesthetic to the face.

@tomo:: oh I know, his floatline was a rats nest, we unraveled it shortly after...

@kehloken:: close, but we were on the other side of the hill meandering logging roads along the west side of sechelt inlet, surprisingly not as much life as the east side tends to have (assuming that's due to more sun for the east side?).

@No I'm josh:: I thought it was an abalone? It was about the size of cantaloupe, could it have been a scallop? It had also wedged itself between two rocks, it looked quite comfortable there.

Since I've begun to use this camera I find that I can not wait to get home and relive fractions of my experience through the computer screen, it's infatuating. Does this happen to anyone else?!

No I'm Josh
01-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Definitely a scallop and a very tasty one at that. :)

captron
01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Nice

eddiejcullen
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
I think that area is on my list of places to visit!

LittleGoat
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Those little rock/sand sole looked like fun to shoot.

Awesome video, keep them coming.

North Star
01-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Good job on the video - thanks for posting it. I guess lings are not open in your area. Nice shot on the greenling!

MikePierce170
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Great video. I kept waiting for a nasty head shot on that ling haha. Wish we had those conditions down here right now. Looking forward to more videos. Good work!

juanacity
01-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Nice video. Great visibility.

Since I've begun to use this camera I find that I can not wait to get home and relive fractions of my experience through the computer screen, it's infatuating. Does this happen to anyone else?!

I'm almost the exact opposite. I take video occasionally, but I haven't even viewed most of it. Whenever I do it never lives up to what is in my mind's eye. It's disappointing as I always remember the fish as being bigger, the colors brighter, the visibility better, my dives being deeper, etc.

Part of it may be that I need to upgrade my camera. What did you use to shoot this video?

fictiti0us
02-19-2014, 03:55 AM
Great vid! I was up in Tofino, on the island, two weeks ago, and the water was pretty similar. Looking like it's going to be a good spring