PDA

View Full Version : Oregon spearo buddy for Neah Bay? early next week

quattroluvr
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi Oregon guys,

Looking for an Oregon buddy for a Neah Bay spearo trip fairly soon. :gun: I've already queried the usual suspects for Oregon buddys I know that have weekday flexibility, but no commits so far.

Shawn (Searun) is bringing his zodiac (best with 2 or 3 spearos) from Seattle area, arriving Monday July 7th and can be our guide to good fishy spots. Mostly targeting 25' to 35' reefs with some forays deeper.

I can go earlier (eg travel Saturday eve 7/5, or Sunday 7/6) and shore dive or you may have a zodiac/boat too. Ideal would be four guys and two boats.

Nice tides, daylight exchanges are pretty moderate, eg Monday is 9:10 am high slack followed by a very moderate high-ish-low tide 2:30 slack.

Contact me at 5ive oh three for ate for 7 oh fiver six
or mr.leigh.anderson atsign gmail

Cheers,
Leigh

quattroluvr
07-02-2014, 01:48 AM
-- Monday forecast is partly sunny, with a high near 58.
-- Monday swell forecast is 3 ish ft, with a very tiny (good) wave-energy rating around 140. (for comparison, a Barview Jetty entry/exit gets quite dicey around 2 to 3 _thousand_ rating.) No secondary swell either that day. http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Neah-Bay/forecasts/latest/six_day

Kyle M
07-02-2014, 09:12 AM
You might check for reports on vis. One forum on NWKA.com reported an algae bloom recently. Turned the water a color of tea.

searun
07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
That happens sometimes in early summer up there. If that is the case diving is not an option. It usually doesn't last long but vis will be a foot tops. It happened to us last year up there.

juanacity
07-02-2014, 12:42 PM
The only time I've ever encountered completely undivable visibility in the Neah Bay area was last year 4th of July weekend.

I'm pretty sure I'm heading up there Friday-Sunday, so I can give you guys a vis update. Regardless, conditions can change really fast and it seems you Oregon spearos are well trained for worse visibility than I'm used to.

quattroluvr
07-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh wow, vis report on Sunday would be awesome John. Monday is Shawn and my travel day so that's perfect.
Yeah, our 'forehead bottom detectors' are well calibrated ;-)
I'll PM you our ph #s for the viz report via txt or voice.
Leigh

quattroluvr
07-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Viz report from Curley's Resort as of TH 7/3. Has been crap viz near Sekiu but improving, while a charter boat reported 30 ft of viz at Neah Bay.