PDA

View Full Version : found a riffe this weekend

biminirob
04-08-2003, 11:01 AM
was grouper trolling in bimini and saw a teak speargun floating. cleaned it up and it is a riffe hawain mid handle. makes up for the wooden one i lost as a teenager. :)

Merk
04-08-2003, 11:06 AM
yup, that's mine where can I claim it? :D

keyspearfisher
04-08-2003, 11:07 AM
I found a brand new lift bag in the color change off the Keys this weekend.

fishkilla
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
i found about 43#s of mangos and 32#s of hogs off hernando beach saturday. no one claimed them so i put them in the freezer.

BurlyEarl
04-21-2003, 09:07 PM
I found a cold beer in the fridge.

f94gator
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
I found 2 teeth in the Middle Grounds :eek:

fernandezh
04-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by f94gator
I found 2 teeth in the Middle Grounds :eek:

Human or shark? Either way, Superglue would proboly do the trick. :D

Little known fact about superglue:

It was originally developed by the U.S. Army in Vietnam as a field expediant way of closing wounds. I have actually seen it done once to a guy who had a pretty bad cut on the leg. I couldn't believe it. The medic broke out a tube of superglue spread it in the wound and held the skin together for about 1 minute. The bleeding stopped right away. It actually healed up pretty good and better than most of the "field-stitch" jobs I have seen. Recommended technique only if the wound is NOT on the face. Recommended only if it is a skin deep cut (not into the muscle or organs). Now that I think about it, there was a post a while ago about a guy who tried to staple his scrotum back together, he proboly would have been better off supergluing it :D

Seriously, it might be an option where a guy is out on the middlegrounds (5 hours away from help), and needs a bad cut closed. ER's actually have a solution that is used to disolve superglue if they need to get into the wound. My contribution to this board :-)

richhermes
04-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks Hector. Very Cool!:D

I have learned something new today. I limit myself to one new fact a day, so please, no more new facts from anyone! I may explode.

fernandezh
04-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by richhermes
no more new facts from anyone! I may explode.

I could see that you were ready to explode the last time I saw you:D

f94gator
04-22-2003, 04:37 PM
I've heard that. I believe there's a liquid band-aid out there now, sounds like super glue with a different label.