PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine divers.

slipknot
04-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Any of you guys ever dove those A6 Intruders they sunk a few years ago ? We looked for them weekend before last to no avail.I also talked to another guy down there who said he could'nt find them either. Could they have moved in a storm? If I remember correctly, they did'nt sink very many.

Reel Cracker
04-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Really dont know about your situation but last year they sunk an old plane I belive off of Bayport in 35 ft of water and of course now they cant find the dam thing. Probally picked up and moved from a big storm.

greyface
04-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Haven't been there in a few years. Never dove 'em, but fished 'em. Snapper live there.:D Were you nav'ing Loran or GPS? PM'ed you some #'s to compare.:D

slipknot
04-23-2003, 08:17 PM
We were GPS, Thanks for the #'s.:cool:

liberty hound
04-24-2003, 04:53 AM
I went there a couple of weeks ago.We hung up with about a 60lb cobia on a ling jig while seabeast was diving. The cobia actualy jumped twice. That was the first time I ever saw a cobia jump. We didn't catch the cobia , something hit the line and cut it.

100days-a-year
04-24-2003, 06:40 AM
There are several clumps of them with most being 2 to 3 planes .A couple have landed on top of each other.There are several concrete junction boxes as well.There is a 54" SS Biller with a P/H down there too.Somebody lost it last year when a cob came back to life on his stringer.

RonniePADI,OWSI
04-24-2003, 08:36 PM
They are pretty scattered. It's like landing on a pin. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Goodluck.

100days-a-year
04-25-2003, 02:24 PM
We use them as a last resort when it's rough offshore in the summer.They hold nice genuines year round,but scattered.A good dive on the way in from offshore,cause most of the Bayliner/Regal crowd are gone by 3:00.PM me for some #s to crosscheck

blue gun
04-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Got a question 100days. Is most of the good fishing (close in)out of st aug. on those ledges around 35 miles and does it have a big profile. Have only dove there one time but the capt. didn't know about anything except blue water striking fish. May get a chance to dive some more there this season and if what I think is true I wont stop until 35 miles.:D

greyface
04-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Bayliner/Regal crowd are gone by 3:00...ROTFLMFAO!!!

100days-a-year
04-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Bluegun,yes,yes,yes my brotha.Vey nice fishies at the 35 mile areas.Esp the true ledges.We have gotton limit of mangos and bugs in one dive.If you have a LORAN pm me I'll send some #s yo way.The published #s are good,but 30+ miles is a long way to find 5 boats fishing 1 ledge.Greyface,what else would I call'em?The non-fish catching crowd.We had a guy anchor in the sand next to us 150' or so away and tell us his GPS said the planes were under him.Right out of the Hotspots book.

blue gun
04-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Thanks 100days. I could use a couple (unpublished) #'s for st aug. This week we dove culverts and culverts and culverts for my first time in st. aug. I had a good time and got a few fish too:D A-men on the long ride just to play bumper boats.