PDA

View Full Version : New to Spearfishing?

Yep-uhuh
04-25-2003, 01:08 PM
I see a lot of you guys are out of Jax and St auggie. I'm thinking about taking up spearfishing just to say that I did it. Not a passion, yet......

However, I love hook and line too and it is my passion.

My certification level is Nitrox advanced open water diver(PADI).

I'd like to hook up with some of you and maybe go out there together and observe. The last thing I want to encounter is a shark, especially without a way to influence him to go about his business elsewhere.

I have my own boat and have tank racks in and can comfortably take out 3 divers with 1 watcher.

Just email me if you'd like to go out sometime.
yepuhuh@yahoo.com

Thanks

100days-a-year
04-25-2003, 02:21 PM
On the Yep-uhuh 2?Welcome. I think I see yer boat at Mayport on occasion.There are probly close to a dozen hard-core spearfishermen here from Jax and S.A.Most are like me with hook'n'line background first then spearfishing.There are few shark encounters here.How cofortable are you at depth?I try to do the 2 boat thing for safety reasons when we go deeper than 80'.Spring is best for shallow depths usually.Summertime finds me usually deeper than 120'.Check back and get to know the players.

Yep-uhuh
04-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a plan.

I also dive the keys in the summer when I can get down there.

I dove BR airplanes and the huggins freighter along with some other closer inshore barges and wrecks.

Randy

Yes it is yep-uhuh II

blue gun
04-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Good to hear from ya YEP. My boat lives on Sisters Creek and I would like to learn more bottom fishing techniques so stay tuned here for ride and dive info. Maybe we can work something out like a dive/fish day. If I'm right I can find you on FS northeast forum also.:D

BTW: We have a keys trip to marathon (key colony) on july 4 week if anyone is going to be there we will hook up:cool:

Reel Crazy14
04-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey Randy...I replied to your email at yepuhuhii@yahoo.com In case you didnt get it my dad's phone number is 608-0089....

We have been wantin to go divin lately b/c the grouper season is almost gone so give him a call next time the weather is good. Maybe this sunday if the weather improves.

Yep-uhuh
04-27-2003, 05:06 AM
Daniel,
I got your email with the nbrs. Thnx.

We'll hook up real soon. I've oncall duties this weekend and next which keeps me close to shore!

Thanks Blue Gun as well.