PDA

View Full Version : Sat report out of Clearwater

GROUPER55
10-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Myself John M, and John C had a great day diving out of Clearwater Pass today in 55-65 ft on natural bottom. Mostly smaller ledges today, but they were LOADED with fish. Screw winter, the gags are here!!! So are the kings, lots of em seen on the way out. I guess that is no big secret due to the amount of boats out there today. Saw the biggest grouper that I have personally ever seen. I am sad not to include any pictures of it, due to a "influction of adrenelin" my spear must have been bent, well I think that the water had a bit more salinity in it, or....OK I ADMIT IT, I ****ING BLEW THE SHOTS.....YES TWICE!!!! I was so ****in mad that I think I raised the bottom temp up at least a couple of degrees. I did not miss any other shots today.....but the ones that counted most to me. But I limited out on Go's and nice hogs, "so did John, and John" ;) Took a couple of 24-26 inch Grouper all by halfway thru the second dive. I could have seriously put a hurtin on the snapper and hogs if I had the gumption to do so, they were everywhere. Vis was probably about 20ft on the bottom, and a bit fuzzy with lots of suspended particles. Top of the water column was about 5 ft. Well this will be my last report for at least 6 months becuase I am leaving for Korea in a week or so for a year long all expenses paid "vacation" provided to me by Uncle Sam. But please be patient with me, and keep up with the reports, I will be sure to be lurkin and hopefully talkin a bit with yall while I am over there. I should be able to do a few dives here and there, but I think Ill wait till next spring....its damn cold over there during the winter. You all take care and I seriously am happy to have met the few of you [D4B, JohnH, RichH] that I have...... and Dlock, Ill be damned if you are getting away from going diving with me when I come back for my mid-tour in 6 months!! Be safe and keep feedin em steel!!

This is the second dive of the day.......
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/sticknfish/PhotoImages/fullstringer.jpg

johnhermes
10-19-2002, 07:54 PM
MAKE SURE YOU LOOK US UP WHEN YOU COME BACK ON LEAVE IN 6 MONTHS!!!!!

(There is an all expenses paid trip on the Blackfin for you, John and whoever else, the least I can do...)

dlock
10-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Josh, I'll take you up on that for sure. Keep in touch and we'll all have to get together when you get back!!!!!!