PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where to go in moloka'i or maui?

fish til udrown
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,

Im goin to moloka'i and possiably maui with my family for a little over a week some time around the 10th of august, and i was hoping to shoot some fish. We have a family friend who lives on moloak'i and hes a diver w/ a boat and will take me out for a few days but i was wondering if anyone on the board knew of any spots or mabey if anyone on the board lived out there and would be willing to give me a few tips on locations to go to and hunting techniques that work there. thanks alot for your help!!

-Ryan Moore

p.s. I really wana get a big ulua so if anyone knows of a really good ulua hole and u dont mind sharing pm me!!!

element
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey guys,

Im goin to moloka'i and possiably maui with my family for a little over a week some time around the 10th of august, and i was hoping to shoot some fish. We have a family friend who lives on moloak'i and hes a diver w/ a boat and will take me out for a few days but i was wondering if anyone on the board knew of any spots or mabey if anyone on the board lived out there and would be willing to give me a few tips on locations to go to and hunting techniques that work there. thanks alot for your help!!

-Ryan Moore

p.s. I really wana get a big ulua so if anyone knows of a really good ulua hole and u dont mind sharing pm me!!!

I went to Moloka'i once. I didnt go diving though. We hiked down to Kalaupapa (where the old leper colony used to live). The diving looked really good down there. From what I have heard Moloka'i has some of the best spearfishing in Hawaii. Let us know how you do. I bet the chances of seeing a 100+ Ulua off that island are pretty good.