PDA

View Full Version : help for SPO

el tiegro
08-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Can anyone please help me with determining an area to dive this saturday? I was planning on going northwest from Tarpon/NPR, but my dad went on wednesday and says there is nothing due to red tide. I'm running a 24' angler, so am not comfortable going for the grounds, so my tentative plan is to go out of egmont? Is there any clean water or fish down that way, out 35-40 miles? I don't really have many numbers of my own down there, so will be taking the laptop with the OH program with us. any advice would be greatly appreciated, just want to be able to weigh a couple of fish. thanks

also, just had another diver cancel on us, so anyone looking for a ride, let me know 1 spot open, possibly two. call my cell, 813-300-3679 if you're interested.

Nsearch
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
If you head 35-40 miles WSW of Egmont/Ft. Desoto you will find fish to weigh in, especially if you use OH.

RichT
08-18-2005, 08:07 PM
I was just out that way today scouting. Plenty of fish in 90-100 feet. In fact, I got my limit on red grouper. My 1 red grouper limit was a good one though. 26 pounds! Second biggest Red Ive ever got! Sorry, didnt have the camera though.

el tiegro
08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
thanks guys, it's nice to finally hear some decent news, good luck to everybody. I just hope all our usual spots up north recover for the winter.

WOPSTER
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
I was just out that way today scouting. Plenty of fish in 90-100 feet. In fact, I got my limit on red grouper. My 1 red grouper limit was a good one though. 26 pounds! Second biggest Red Ive ever got! Sorry, didnt have the camera though.

Shiat I hope DR ROY BOLOGNA SMOKER doesn't read your post he may say there are still too many red gropers being caught in the Gulf. ;)