PDA

View Full Version : What a long strange trip it was

Big Pig
08-21-2005, 09:49 PM
SPO weekend and I'm ready to kill some fish. We leave Fri night, and about 80 miles out I switch fuel tanks and am rewarded 5 miles later with a drop in RPM. Check everything out and change the racor filter. Nothing. Now we are about 10 miles from our first spot and are crusing at 8 knts. We pull up on the spot and there is a fellow SPUC already anchored up. We roll at dawn, and I drill a big AJ and a small cubera. The other divers wake up and the game is on. Fish are dying left and right. Only problem is that our boat is too disabled to make the weigh-in. Scott Hooker is nice enough to take our fish and one of our divers with them when they head home. Now it is me and my brother looking at a 11 hour run home. With only a gallon of rum punch and an 18 pack of Miller Lite as supplies, we headed toward home. Halfway home the rum punch is gone, and it is time for beer. Two hours left in our slow ride the Lite is gone and I am digging through the hatches looking for shrimper beers. I found one Bud that had been there for about three years, and iced it down. Even in our desparate situation we were unable to drink it. Man it was nasty tasting.

In the end everything turned out OK. We finished first, second, third in the AJ catagory. The only pic I have right now is of my brother's third place fish and the coveted last shrimper beer.

BTW please note the condition of the last beer can

bgbill
08-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Ken,

Couldn't you call the Coast Guard and have them do an airlift to get you guys some beer?:D

When I spun a hub in the WCC#3 last year, I had to drink some shrimper beer, it was pretty bad, but I think it was in better shape than what you had to endure.

We missed you at the weigh in.

ROCK BOTTOM
08-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Pig,

Glad you made it back to your keyboard safely. Congrats to Team Jones and the rest of the SPUCs for mopping up the top spots.

Zz

ScottZeagle
08-21-2005, 10:50 PM
G;ad that you got the chance to add to your Zeagle collection, Ken!!!!

That Stiletto and Flathead combo should proove to be bad for the fish!!!

Scott

Big Pig
08-22-2005, 07:40 AM
G;ad that you got the chance to add to your Zeagle collection, Ken!!!!

That Stiletto and Flathead combo should proove to be bad for the fish!!!

Scott

Looking forward to trying the new Stiletto

junior
08-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Sounds rough Ken. WTF was the problem with the engine?

bgbill
08-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Sounds rough Ken. WTF was the problem with the engine?

Ken told me when he changed over fuel tanks that is when it happened, must have been water or trash got in there and clogged some injectors.

I bet next time Ken will better prepare for an event like this, and bring more Rum Punch and beer:D

junior
08-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Or diesel for dummies:D

bgbill
08-22-2005, 08:07 AM

Man you are cold:D

Big Pig
08-22-2005, 09:23 AM

We may have missed the party, but we brought home the glass.

Doug
How big was the fish you weighed this year? :D

bgbill
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
We may have missed the party, but we brought home the glass.

Doug
How big was the fish you weighed this year? :D

Damn Doug I think you were just bitch slapped, Hard!:D

chasintail
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Doug
How big was the fish you weighed this year? :D[/QUOTE]

:whip: LMAO Nice pig Ken. :thumps:

junior
08-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Oww, that hurt Ken :(

Big Pig
08-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Doug

I couldn't help myself. You set yourself up for that one.

We checked all the simple things when we lost RPMs, and changed the racor. I called my mechanic on the way in to see if there was anything that we may have missed. All of his suggestions were deemed too difficult to perform under the influence. :D We figured that we could make things worse by trying to mess with it. We were under way, had beer, and the weather was good. The only bad part was listining to my brother complain the whole way home about the big fish he lost.

junior
08-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey, you could do much worse than to be stuck on a slow boat with a good friend or brother with good weather and a good supply of alcohol and knowing that your big-ass fish were on their way to the weigh-in. Congrats on the fish guys.

Mayhem
08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Just because you were not able to make the weigh-in party to "eye little girls with bad intents" is no reason beat down your own brother. I may have complained a little about my double flopper pulling out of both gill plates after two free shafts to the head, but I had to watch a middle-aged, out of shape man drunk off his *ss dancing on a boat to Black Sabbath. The really horrific part was that I was so loaded I had to watch two of him for the last three hours. What one has to endure for blood relations........

Big Pig
08-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Finally got the courage to look at the engine today, and it could be ugly. The turbo could be toast. I am holding out hope that it is just a seal, but I my gut tells me it is going to be expensive.

JBY
08-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Ken :loser:
Outboards are looking pretty good about now, arent they. :rofl:

Hey really, Let me know if I can help you out.

Marcus
08-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Matt,

Welcome to the board. It's about time you started posting. We could use the help keeping your bro in line. :D

Just because you were not able to make the weigh-in party to "eye little girls with bad intents" is no reason beat down your own brother. I may have complained a little about my double flopper pulling out of both gill plates after two free shafts to the head, but I had to watch a middle-aged, out of shape man drunk off his *ss dancing on a boat to Black Sabbath. The really horrific part was that I was so loaded I had to watch two of him for the last three hours. What one has to endure for blood relations........

richhermes
08-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Awesome avatar Jason. It ain't Jay and Silent Bob, but it will do!!:D

Big Pig
08-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Ken :loser:
Outboards are looking pretty good about now, arent they. :rofl:

Hey really, Let me know if I can help you out.

I have about 2 gallons of oil in the bilge. If you want to come over and help me "recycle" it, you know where I live

Stinkey Fish
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Pig - you runnin volvo pentas ?

Stinkey Fish
08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
didn't think so