PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Charters

WreckDiver
05-18-2003, 02:44 PM
I went out yesterday to shoot some fish, & aparently the only decent structure (reef) in the area was covered by tournament fishers, couldn't dive there. this was in Fort Pierce. he put us on several smaller ledges with lots of bugs but no fish. I am still new to this sport & I have my own boat, but i would like to go out on some more charters till I get the hang of it. anybody know of some good Captains/Charters who can put me on some fish between Cape Canaveral & Boynton Beach not Interested in the really deep stuff 60 - 80 feet is my comfort limit.

Screen Name
05-18-2003, 03:27 PM
If you really live in Bartow, why do you want to go all the way over to the East Coast? I would call Bill Hardman at Aquatic Obsessions and ask about the Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club. I understand they do instructional charters and help people shorten the learning curve.

junior
05-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Bugged, check out Koller's Reef (a dive charter boat) out of West Palm Beach. Last time I went they offered 3 tanks and lunch for about $65. NOt a bad deal. Don't know about spearing though.

Doug

Screen Name
05-18-2003, 10:30 PM
I've been to the Bahamas with them about 6 times, they're out of West Palm. The captains I have run with know what they are doing, but I would confirm with them whether they are able to put you on fish out of West Palm.

http://www.scuba-adventures.com/index.html

kabo123
05-25-2003, 04:35 AM
spear fishing out of west palm, it doesn' t get any better.
we have 2 boats, limit 4 divers per boat. spearfishing, freediveing, and blue water hunting.

capt. Jen

561-262-0781

WreckDiver
05-27-2003, 11:27 AM
S.N., I can get to the East coast just as fast as the west coast ,if not faster.