PDA

View Full Version : Lobster mini season

Jimmyy2kws6
05-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Hey all,

I am a new diver and I am interested in Spearfishing/lobstering. I live in Miami and was wondering how do you look for lobsters? Do I need GPS numbers from someone or just go out and find my own spots. I read all the rules/regs but I need to get started from somewhere. Thanks

Jimmy

Rolo
05-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Good luck finding lobsters in Miami waters. Also, going out during mini-season in SFLA is risky - Too many nuts out on the water, who don't have a clue of what they are doing.

junior
05-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Good lobstering can be found right up the road in Ft. Lauderdale out on the second and third reefs depending on where they are hanging. the wrecks also produce pretty well. The reefs are fairly easy to find and the numbers for most of the wrecks are published.

DiverSpear
05-22-2003, 11:06 PM
If you want to do good during mini-season, I would come come north to Port Canaveral or NSB the bugs are bigger and the idiots are fewer. Good luck down south.

otter
05-23-2003, 09:15 PM
You would be better off going to Red Lobster in Miami. Cheaper,and a whole heck of a lot safer. Lots more bugs up north and the crowds do thin out past Sebastian.

mushkee
05-24-2003, 01:35 AM
i already have like ten top secret honey holes for mini season...some rocks i've counted up to 17 bugs...with mult. heads around the rocks...

Jimmyy2kws6
05-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I will be going out of Ft. Lauderdale on my buddies boat. I heard a lot of stories from him about all those idiots out there during Mini Season. I guess we got to watch out for them. I will probably go diving the week before and check some sites out.

Jimmy

keezdiver
05-28-2003, 01:15 PM
if you ever make your way down to the keys, look me up. i don't really have access to a boat as of yet...but a few buddies do.

oh and if you don't mind my curiosity....

would your screen name refer to a 2000 trans am ws6?