PDA

View Full Version : This is truly deranged

Fondueset
11-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Peta Anti-fishing campaign (http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-newcomic.asp)

Some of the stuff in this thing is just designed to traumatize children - and alienate them from their parents. I'd put this in the extremely sick category.

PatMyGreen
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't sweat them too much PETA has no credibility as you can clearly see by their fishing hurts and other campaigns. They may have been a noble cause at some point but they lost that a long time ago. The more you learn about them the more you wonder where in the fringe of society these people come from.

Fondueset
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM
A truly moderate response.

My daughter was a member at one point a few years ago but they managed to alienate her as they ramped up the rhetoric and sent her alot of very negative material. I just hadn't realized things had gotten quite this twisted.

PatMyGreen
11-30-2005, 03:02 PM
There is currently another thread discussing peta in the Off topic section "Big Game Cherries", and to borrow alittle from there "they are their own worst enemy." They seem like a good thing on the surface or at least well intentioned, but the more you know.....

Hank49
11-30-2005, 03:20 PM
There is currently another thread discussing peta in the Off topic section "Big Game Cherries", and to borrow alittle from there "they are their own worst enemy." They seem like a good thing on the surface or at least well intentioned, but the more you know.....

Well watch out Patrick. With that avatar of yours, you may be on their "wanted: dead or alive: list.

PatMyGreen
11-30-2005, 03:29 PM
I should be so lucky as to be able to take one out when they set foot on my property, I picture the scene from Kill Bill vol 2 when she gets hit with the rock salt. A chance like that happens once in a lifetime. I don't own any fire arms, but I'd be tempted to for that...

Hank49
11-30-2005, 05:09 PM
I should be so lucky as to be able to take one out when they set foot on my property, I picture the scene from Kill Bill vol 2 when she gets hit with the rock salt. A chance like that happens once in a lifetime. I don't own any fire arms, but I'd be tempted to for that...

Just don't shoot Pam. I'd definitley try to reason with her. :D

Mutt
11-30-2005, 06:35 PM
PETA is a strange bunch. I have a longtime girlfriend...top drawer model looks, blah, blah, blah. She is very bizarre when it comes to anumals or doing anything that might tread on their precious little souls ... She was somehow traumatized in a previous life, I suppose...her friends also into the PETA thing..all..drop dead modelesque. Anyway, bizarre...I mean if I ever or someone in close proximity ever ordered lobster or shrimp , or something w/ a head or eyes, she literally has to leave the table. She turns green! I paid the price of limiting my menu when I was with her. Somehow, these PETA people were traumatized in a past lives or some shit! Very bizarre sorts, almost zealot like, when it comes to this stuff!

PatMyGreen
11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
I'd just explain to her that spearing fish is much less cruel than KFC is to their chickens and she can inspect my tools anytime.

El Cid
11-30-2005, 11:04 PM
PETA... That name is synonymous with puke as far as I'm concerned. If they'd pull their heads out of their collective a___es long enough to look around they'd realize there's a lot more F'd up stuff going on in the world than omnivores being omnivores. Maybe I'll invite some to the mess hall on steak night for a forum discussion on the "senseless killing" of food, I mean, animals, versus the senseless killing of humans by deranged people in our society. Damn, it feels good to vent about hippies every now and then!

Fondueset
12-01-2005, 04:21 PM

I think this is what by the saying 'violence begets violence' - the PETA Material is violent - and most of us naturally have a violent reaction to it. In their opposition to violence they have gone too far and 'become what they despise'. This is a pretty wide spread affliction these days - this acute 'uncompromising' crystallization of viewpoints. Recently the 'conservative' spokeswoman Anne Coultier suggested it might be appropriate for 'conservatives' to take up arms against 'liberals'.

Of course 'Conservative' and 'Liberal' are just polarizing terms we have been fed by politicians in order to make it easier for them to influence us.

As systems of thought they provide a convenient way for arriving at and supporting various points of view without having to exert any real effort - passive minds being the whole point. In the case of PETA - and similar organizations across the alleged political spectrum - we can see where Identifying with these fragmentary systems of thought invevitably leads - a compulsion to define reality rather than perceiving it. Our chief problem is to see them as clearly when they are flying under a flag we are sympathetic to as when they are not.

For the PETA types - the best thing you could do for them - from THEIR point of view - would be to beat the living crap out of them - a natural enough compulsion since it does reduce the interaction to what it essentially is - them violently imposing their views on you and your children. That would be a real validation for them.

Of course the best thing is what Patmygreen did in the first post - see them for what they are and step out of the way. If your children are exposed you just have to give them the enzymes they need to deal with such toxic material. My daughter arrived at her own conclusions without me imposing my views - which makes me feel really good as a parent!.

As for fishing - Have you seen what fish do to eachother! It's inhuman I tell ya.

mdiver
12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
I think this is what by the saying 'violence begets violence' - the PETA Material is violent - and most of us naturally have a violent reaction to it. In their opposition to violence they have gone too far and 'become what they despise'. This is a pretty wide spread affliction these days - this acute 'uncompromising' crystallization of viewpoints. Recently the 'conservative' spokeswoman Anne Coultier suggested it might be appropriate for 'conservatives' to take up arms against 'liberals'.

Of course 'Conservative' and 'Liberal' are just polarizing terms we have been fed by politicians in order to make it easier for them to influence us.

As systems of thought they provide a convenient way for arriving at and supporting various points of view without having to exert any real effort - passive minds being the whole point. In the case of PETA - and similar organizations across the alleged political spectrum - we can see where Identifying with these fragmentary systems of thought invevitably leads - a compulsion to define reality rather than perceiving it. Our chief problem is to see them as clearly when they are flying under a flag we are sympathetic to as when they are not.

For the PETA types - the best thing you could do for them - from THEIR point of view - would be to beat the living crap out of them - a natural enough compulsion since it does reduce the interaction to what it essentially is - them violently imposing their views on you and your children. That would be a real validation for them.

Of course the best thing is what Patmygreen did in the first post - see them for what they are and step out of the way. If your children are exposed you just have to give them the enzymes they need to deal with such toxic material. My daughter arrived at her own conclusions without me imposing my views - which makes me feel really good as a parent!.

As for fishing - Have you seen what fish do to eachother! It's inhuman I tell ya.
:lol: Thanks Doc. How much do I owe you? :thumps:

Fondueset
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Hmmm - well, if you think I'm right than two wongs should cover it :conehead:

(sorry for waxing pedantic - home sick from work today - I think that way my brain just doing what the rest of my body has been doing - throwing up :talker: )

Summerland Key
12-01-2005, 05:04 PM
PETA is that the acronym for People Eating Tasty Animals ? I have no problem at all for anyone that wants to show some compassion any animals, but there has to be some balance in all this. The PETA folks just seem so extreme at times.

Pillage
12-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Peta goes well beyond being deranged. Much to my disgust their world headquarters is up here in Norfolk Virginia. They seem to spew a never-ending stream of crap here locally as well. From handing out Unhappy meals to kids, to regularly the Vandalizing Silvermen Fur Company. A couple of their lackies just got popped for dumping dead animals in Ahoskie ,NC.It has come out that they kill more animals than they save. I like eating salads, but the rest of us are trually omnivores so I wish they would just STFU and quit bothering everyone around them about what is on their plates.We could only wish that if they want to stop the "exploitation of animals" they would throw some paint on a group of bikers wearing leather instead of little old ladies wearing furs. If they took this route they would be reducing the idiot DNA in the gene pool. :thumps:

Spear One
12-02-2005, 06:51 AM
I saw one of the PITA guys on one of the national morning news shows this week and I could not believe what I was hearing. The PETA guy was spewing on about their "Fishing Hurts" campain. The interviewer was grilling him because PETA was distributing literarure that was warning children to keep their pet dogs & cats away from their father if he was a fisherman. PETA says that if their was father was willing to kill a fish........then their father might also kill their pets. WTF??????

BobK
12-02-2005, 07:26 AM
I think even talking about these idiots gives them more legitimacy then they need to have. :mad:

Hank49
12-02-2005, 08:12 AM
I have changed my avatar, being the cruel bastard that I am, in hopes of traumatizing Pam so she'll come and beg me to change my ways.

bud
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
PETA in my opinion is way off the deep end i beleive in some conservation of fish but to state that my dad is evil for teaching me to fish or that i am evil for fishing is completely ludicris.

IB Boyd
12-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Jut clicked on the link....Im gong to have some real fun with that in photoshop next time Im at work...

Fondueset
12-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Whe I first saw this thing I figured it was satire.

Wayward Son
12-05-2005, 09:04 AM
The best thing about free speech is that it makes it easy to spot the idiot.