PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Spearfishing Regs

hartwelltv
12-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Anyone know where I can find the spearfishing rules for Louisiana? I looked on the LADWF website and can't find any specific to spearfishing.

How about federal regulations for offshore in the Gulf of Mexico?

Thanks.

chasintail
12-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Almost the same as fishing regs.Red drum can't be harvested by spear (or in federal waters).As of now no yellow fin tuna (loosely enforced).A rebreather may not be used to spearfish.LA and MS have almost no spearfishing regs.AL you must have a spearfishing license.FL has quite a few directed towards us.
Hopefully rigdva wil chime in.He is a charter capt and knows the regs well.

ROCK BOTTOM
12-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Nick,

Are you sure about the redfish?

Zz

chasintail
12-05-2005, 08:43 AM
I know they can't be taken by any means in federal waters.In MS they can't be taken by spear.I am not 100% sure in LA.

ROCK BOTTOM
12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Hell Nick,

I figure if you can shoot them with a bow and arrow, you should be able to shoot them with a spear.

hartwelltv,

Glad to have you on board. Just get out there and kill em.

Zz

chasintail
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
He's a lake freediver that wants to start freedving rigs.Hes doing the right thing and asking lots of questions.We need to pop his cherry. :D

hartwelltv
12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys. I can't wait for this crappy weather to warm up.

What do you need for tuna a special license? Are they expensive?

chris

chasintail
12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
As of right now atllantic tunas cannot be speared. :rolleyes: But no one really enforces it here

Denny
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
The lights are on, my friend. I would be very wary of possessing an illegally taken tuna until the laws are changed.
Some one already tried to bring down the Hell Divers Rodeo last year over the tuna issue. Seems as though some sneaky pri*k dropped dime on the HDR for two things: Unregistered tuna tourney and illegal harvest of tuna. What could have been a very ugly incident was averted through contact with the proper authorities before the tournament.
Again, YFT and Bluefin tuna are currently illegal to take by spear in federal waters.

chasintail
01-03-2006, 07:31 PM
That is why we have you Denny.Get em!!!!!!!!!!!!