PDA

View Full Version : 5/31 Jax insho' repote

100days-a-year
05-31-2003, 09:31 PM
I was a bit nervous this mornin' a 5:30 when I saw the small craft advisory,but we loaded up with Ice and headed out.Leavin' the dock I hear the charter chatter tell me it';s nice out we run 28kts out 5miles to find 2 boats on the horizon in my inshore holes.Or at lest the ones we wanted to hit.As we pull up my VHF antenna snaps....WTF?I say hi to the caps and one asks if
I have a ave reel...I say yes....They had popped a thermostat and were trying not to run the motor.Needed to run line for thier divers.I also ferried fresh water from the other boat to help them get home.Having added to my Karma we headed another mile out to a barge,get in and swim up the line my dragging anchor had made and found it..20' vis 1 small floundroid.We pull up and finf anther spot a mile away ....wind is now20kts.We fish up a dozen thro-back snapper and figure this is it.Total was 1 gag 14# and 1 cob 18# for me.Buddy had a 13# gag.0.39nm away was some bottom and metal plates .We head down and see a anchor drag line again that leads to buddies 14# gag,we split up and I find 14# and 15#gags under steel.We head up,clean up ,it's now howling and seas are 5' or so with 20' between swells.My feet still hurt but we crawled at 10kts for 6 miles and get in the lee.The totral for the day 5 gags to 15# and a 35" to the fork(whew,close)cob.A small flounder also gave his all .The funny part of the dat was watching some other poor idiot head further offshore as I'm heading in .He was heading to the seabouy 3 miles out as it must have been his home # The jetties were about 50 degrees off his course and closer.We felt for his poor crew it was shitty out.Beats reading about spearfishinh tho;)

kitefisherman
05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Way to stick it out!

JaxShooter
05-31-2003, 09:48 PM
Another solid day on the water. Can't complain about the daily catch considering the shortened day due to the weather. Have a great one.

greyface
06-01-2003, 07:47 AM
....Ain't that tough enough...

100days-a-year
06-01-2003, 01:18 PM
It's like dope Greyface ,once you're hooked it takes more than an ass-whuppin' to keep you away.Damn my whole body is sore now.

WreckDiver
06-01-2003, 02:20 PM
mine too...

greyface
06-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Roger that, Tony...I need a fix. Hopefully next Sun.