PDA

View Full Version : 6-3 Sebastion

bubblejunkie
06-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Day started out with seas less than 2 feet, 2 dives and then numerous wind spouts and that annoying 35 knot wind. First dive at 90 feet not much for fish, 1 10 pound margate, numerous triggers and sheephead. Fish just not in the 90 foot stuff right now? 2nd dive diving a very small new found spot I drop down to see many lobster and the first sea bass I've ever thought about spearing, 3 pounds, then I see a 10 pound sheephead and figure if it's going to be that way well I'll take what it gives. I head down the ledge and shoot a 20 pound gag, getting better, I see my buddy under a ledge struggling with what he later says is a 40 pound gag, he gets 2 shafts in it and still cant budge him. I move past and start shooting some grown up mangos, 3 at ten pounds each, and a few 3-4 pounders. I surface with almost 80 pounds of fish and am getting cussed by the rookies on the boat but hey good spot. I'm starting to get that lobster itch again. Besides the very nasty storm, for a 2 dive day not bad and it sure beats working. Oh yea those are all gutted weights on the fish.

Slay Ride
06-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Good job J. Are you back at the job yet? My schedule and mother nature are not cooperating as of late. Good to hear some reports from you guys. Later. Les

kitefisherman
06-04-2003, 10:45 AM
Great report. I like it when things turn out better than I expect.

fishhunta
06-04-2003, 03:24 PM
pics????