PDA

View Full Version : pneumatic or rubber powered gun?

thedorado
06-18-2003, 05:02 PM
is their someone in here that can post the advantages and disadvantages of these 2 type of guns please...

WreckDiver
06-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Just do a search for pneumatic most of your questions will be answered.

slipknot
06-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Piss on neumatic.(to put it bluntly).

f94gator
06-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Preach on, slip!!

Or do a poll, see how many guys on here use band, how many use pneumatic. The results will speak volumes.

Divin' fool
06-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Got a pneumatic..... have not used it once since I got my band gun a long time back! Bands give you as much juice as you need. I'd be afraid to pop a big Grouper with a pneumatic. Just does not have the power I need.

one_lucky_shot
06-21-2003, 04:52 PM
i am not an expert by any stretch of the mind, but think of it this way.... pneumatic guns cost more, lose power the deeper you go, and for the most part if you slip while loading one you may be the one with a spear in them :eek: were as with a band gun, you can deside what size of band (length and dia.) can pick and choose for the area you are diving and what ever you deside on will be just as strong at 130 feet as it is in 30 feet. you only have to pull one band back at a time and when you slip, the gun may hop off your thigh but no big deal other than you my look silly.

one last note. pneumatic suck. happy shopping.:D :D

pocoloco
09-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Pneumatic guns, in my experience, just don't have enough power. Even if you pump them up.
Unloading one is dangerous. You either have to fire it or hold onto the point while pulling the trigger.
Once unloaded, the shaft is separate from the gun which is awkward.
If a little bit of sand gets in the barrel you lose performance.
I think pneumatic guns are complete BS. They're meant to apeal to the same type of diver who thinks inflatable boats make good dive boats.