PDA

View Full Version : Vis / Temp Report 7/12/03 Ponce Inlet

bristolxyz
07-12-2003, 07:25 PM
First was Argoil on site 3 out of Ponce Inlet, temp still a cool 68 and the vis (this is weird) was so bad that our divemaster said after going down to retrieve the hook that it was so bad he could not see the hook even when he had it in his hand.. pretty weird huh? Anyway, they moved to the inshore bridge pilings and had about 30 ft of vis and 69 on the bottom.

I also got a reliable report from a friend that dove out near the airplanes about 30 miles east of Ponce, they reported about 70ft of vis with colder water about 57 degrees.

Here's a picture:

http://www.tric.u-tokai.ac.jp/research1/vc4.gif

I was not on the boat, but got all this info right from the horses mouth so to speak.

We should all get together, make some sort of potion, drink it while wailing at the moon and praying for good conditions. My cousin used to pick the fruit off of the Yuca plants and mix with rum and OJ. Would get pretty drunk, but he said the sun would shine for days and days after that. :)

greyface
07-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey Paul, you workin' tomarrow? If so, I'll see ya on the afternoon dives. Wonder where J.B. is gonna drop us?!:confused: :p

bristolxyz
07-12-2003, 09:21 PM
I don't know, but It's going to be cool, that's for sure.