PDA

View Full Version : Help with Alabama reulations

shane
07-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Can anybody tell me where to find the laws in Alabama? I always thought you had to 100 yds. off beach and shoot certain fish but the only ducument i can find dosent say anything really. I asked the guy at the dive shop and he said that the 100 yd. thing was a florida law and dont apply here. So i went spearing around the perdido pass all day without anyone saying anything. So could some one shed some light so i know for sure? Thanks...shane
by the way....i did see tons of spades and sheeps but didnt shoot any, I shot some fish on a new spot though that ill post in another thread.

shane
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh and on that document i found it said you could spear "any" saltwater fish!wtf....

cebump
07-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Shane,

To my knowledge the only regs that apply to spearfishing in saltwater are the same as fishing on sizes and such, and the need to carry a dive flag. We have dove the pass and beach for 20 years w/ no problems.

good luck

Brian

scubasniper
08-09-2006, 10:23 PM
shane alabama marine dept. is on the road behind lulu's...you cant shoot specks,redfish or tarpon.....sharks only after they are 5' in lenght. any problems call me 251-955-1872