PDA

View Full Version : All Hot Spots Off Jax.

neondiver
07-22-2003, 06:21 PM
YES YOU CAN BUY THE NEW HOT SPOTS BOOK (WHICH HAS A LOT OF BOGUS WAYPOINTS) AND NO YOU CAN'T FIND THE OLD ONE ANY MORE(IT'S THE BEST). NOW YOU CAN GO TO THE ENVIROMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY'S WEB SITE: http://marinefisheries.org/ar/Report_List_ROWS.asp?county=Duval
BUT....DID YOU KNOW THAT THE ARMY CORP. OF ENGINEERS HAS TO APPROVE EVERY PERMITTED SITE OFF SHORE AND THESE SITES MUST BE DOCUMENTED BY PARTY GROUND AREAS AND BY EITHER THEIR TD'S OR LL. ALSO, NO SITE SHALL BE SHALLOWER THAN 50 FROM THE SURFACE. THE DEPARTMENT OF THIS AGENCY THAT TAKES CARE OF THIS IS THE REGULATORY DEPT. IN THE FEDERAL BUILDING DOWN TOWN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA. NOW, IF YOU DON'T SOON HAVE EVERY SPOT EVER PUT OFF SHORE JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA IT'S NOT MY FAULT! YES, YOUR WELCOME. (THIS INFORMATION I WARN YOU IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK IT IS TO GET. YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH A LOT OF GOVERNMENT BS TO GET TO IT AFTER 911 OCCURED BUT I DID IT 9 YEARS AGO AND I STILL HAVEN'T EVEN GONE 1/2 WAY THROUGH ALL OF THEM SO I FIGURED I WOULD GO AHEAD AND GIVE UP MY SECRET SO EVEYONE ELSE COULD ENJOY THEM TOO. ALSO TO SPREAD ALL OF US OUT SOME. MAN THERES A LOT OUT THERE. HAPPY HUNTING AND GOOD LUCK, NEONDIVER. P.S. IF I CAN HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR SEARCH I WILL GIVE HINTS IF YOU WISH!

liberty hound
07-22-2003, 07:04 PM
I've tried their so called numbers off of st. augustine and flagler and they SUCK.
I don't think I have ever tried one that was any good.
Its not just me, I talked about this to other members of this forum.
I'm not trying to piss you off but at the same time I don't want people wasting their time like I did.
Hopefully the ones off Mayport are good!

neondiver
07-22-2003, 07:24 PM
YEA, SOME ARN'T AS EASY AS GO TO IT. KEEP IN MIND THE LL'S FOR GPS JUST STOPPED DIFFERENTATING ABOUT A YEAR AGO SO THEY CAN BE A LITTLE OFF. YOU SORT OF HAVE TO GO TO THE SPOT, GO TO YOUR PLOTTER AND SIREL OUT UNTIL YOU HIT THEM. LIKE I SAID IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT SEEMS.

100days-a-year
07-23-2003, 06:30 AM
The Coast Guard has the exact placement from side-scan sonar surveys and they are never off and pick up the non-published clandestine night time drops and early stuff.The state never required exact positions so some areas had the same # for different stuff,it is a great list to have tho.The JOSFC book has not let me down yet I have added dozens of #s to my stash by using my LORAN.

liberty hound
07-23-2003, 07:24 AM
Yea
I still use the trusty Loran along with the gps.
Seems like alot of times when you get some good unpublished numbers they are in loran. After I get there I"ll mark it with the gps.