PDA

View Full Version : New guy needs your expertise

purplehaze
07-28-2003, 02:37 PM
My first kill was a 12lb AJ last fall in the Keys and I was hooked. Ha-Ha. So I went out and bought a JBL mini-carbine and thought I would go slay on the Jersey shore where I live. NOT - this thing could not even shoot thru warm butter. Can anyone help in gun selection - I'll be doing most of my hunting offshore in semi blue water looking for 10 - 25 lb mahi & 30lb Blue fin tuna with potential for bigger fish (tuna & sharks) but probably not. I was thinking about the Riffe C-3. What advantage if any is the mid-gun handle. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED Thanks for any and all help.

FredT
07-28-2003, 05:51 PM
The bullpups point faster, balance better, and reload faster. I probably will never by a rear handle gun again.

Disadvantage is price.

For what you describe the No KA OI with an icepick tip would be a good choice.

There are other good choices too, but you mentioned Riffe.

FT

purplehaze
07-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the help FredT, that NKO sounds like a nice gun. How do you feel about the Metal Techs? Riffe writes a good deal about how quiet they are supposed to be.

CAJUNSLINGER
07-29-2003, 05:20 PM
I shoot a metal tech 3. all the gun you would ever need. and yes they are very quite.

purplehaze
07-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks CAJUNSLINGER, I'm leaning towards that MT3 more and more.

IyaDiver
07-31-2003, 09:42 AM
MT3......yes yes yes.....

Rigged it power wise like mine and get a Riffe float line and Riffe torpedo float, you are all set..... :D Will be deadly to 23 feet, IF rigged like mine.

Beware fishes, another killer is born...;)