PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual GAT-KU polespear meet . . 7-14-07

isibrigade
07-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Gat-Ku Polespears presents the 2nd annual Gat-Ku Polespear Meet on Saturday, July 14th, 2007 in beautiful San Diego. This spearfishing meet is OPEN TO EVERYONE. FREEDIVING ONLY. Letís put away our high tech Riffes, Wongs, Rob-Allens and custom bazookas for a fun day of diving back to where all of our original roots lie in this great sport of spearfishing Ė the traditional way, pole spearing!

This year, the GAT-KU polespear meet will be sponsoring a family in need.
Proceeds this year go to the Nick Brinkerhoff family, a 7th grader who recently suffered a stroke and has been in a coma since.
See www.nickbrinkerhoff.blogspot.com for more details.

Submit before July 9th, 2007 to be eligible for a t-shirt!

Every registered diver will receive:

a BBQ ticket for their family,

a T-shirt,

a raffle ticket (towards one 7-foot Gat-Ku polespear and other prizes).

a Marine Forests print, by Amadeo Bachar
www.abachar.com/interface

A chance to win

a trophy (1st-3rd)

an 8-foot GAT-KU polespear and an APNEA Kelp Kamo 3mm wetsuit! (1st Place)

APNEA USA fins, mask and snorkel and print by Amadeo Bachar (second place)

APNEA USA Knive, and print by Amadeo Bachar (third place)

BIGGEST FISH Award:
a 18 by 24 print of your choice ($180 value) from
http://www.tikione.com/index.cfm

See the official rules in attachment below.

Register now at:
http://www.gat-ku.com/index_files/page0001.htm

Then, let me know what your T-shirt size is.

JimQPublic
07-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Dustin et al,

Thanks for putting on the event. It was fun to have a goal as I began practicing last weekend with my new polespear. A few snafus like not getting out of the water early enough, forgetting my spear and having to drive back, and creeping traffic made me really late but it was neat to meet you guys anyhow.

For the record- the rubberlip I shot today made a very tasty dinner. I don't know why people dislike them- the flesh was a little soft but very mild and non-fishy tasting. I gutted it in the ocean and put it on ice as soon as I got to the car so it wasn't steaming in its own guts all day.