PDA

View Full Version : New Zeagle HD Pony Mount

Chad Carney
10-14-2003, 11:08 PM
A new Heavy Duty Pony Mount from Zeagle Systems was just shown at DEMA this week and it is really good and cheap by comparison to the complex systems I've seen previously.

It has two nylon cam bands and two simple velcro sandwiches that attach them to the two BC cam bands. It's rock solid and yet the bottle can be changed out in seconds. If you want to take it off completely that only takes a second also. Nothing stays on either tank unless you want to leave it attached.

The part # is 8029HD, suggested retail is $47.00 for the pair. Dealers will be getting them soon if they saw them at the show. The first one, my sample, was snapped up today at SCUBAdventures in Naples.

I attached a 30 cu ft pony to a tank in the store and with just one band it was already solid at the top, with the bottom band also clamped it was like a rock. 6 to 13 cu ft ponies could be attached with a single band.

This is the same two bands that Zeagle made for me years ago but it finally finishes off the attachment to the BC cam bands in a really cool way.

Yeah I'm the Florida Zeagle rep... but I'll admit our old pony system with bungee straps sucked pretty bad. This new one is the best I've ever seen and for even less than a Scuba Duba.

Chad

kitefisherman
10-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Looks solid Chad - and a great price compared to the other systems that I have seen. Does that system also work with a single band BC like the Seaquest Balance? That has always been my problem.

Chad Carney
10-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Kite,

For a 6 or 13 cu ft I'm absolutely sure it's rock solid with one band!

I put it on a 19 cu ft in the store with a single band, and I would dive it easy... pretty solid. More so than the weight stop, band attachment, jury rig I've been using for years.

I use mostly 30 cu ft ponies and since we have two bands on Zeagle BCs it's real easy and rock solid.

Any one band system with one of our new HD Pony bands on the top and a tank banger or other bungi on the bottom would be great.

Chad

SemorBugs
10-18-2003, 02:30 AM
Chad,
How about an upgrade for us that spent our hard earn green on the first edition.
__________________________________________________ __
"Yeah I'm the Florida Zeagle rep... but I'll admit our old pony system with bungee straps sucked pretty bad."
__________________________________________________ __

Chad Carney
10-18-2003, 09:03 AM
I'll ask the powers at Zeagle about a limited time trade-in/upgrade program, but don't hold your breath on this one.

They have not removed the old pony mount from the line. (It's just my personal opinion that the old one is not very easy to use.) I've never pulled punches with them about what I think of products.

Chad

Divin' fool
10-19-2003, 09:31 PM
That's the only system that looks any good to me. I've been dissapointed by most of the pony mounts I have checked out.

Slay Ride
10-20-2003, 07:57 AM
I just got the Zeagle straps and yes you're right, they suck. I would really be interested in an upgrade program as I'm sure they know their product if sub par for Zeagle. Good picture, thanks for the update. Les

LASeaCat
11-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey Bevis.... he said sucks! I did not have sex with the old pony tank holders! That was not me! Someone stole my password and wrote that! What I meant to say........ the old holders are great, but if you want something way better, here ya go!!!

Chad, were you also calling the plays for Tampa last Sunday?!

Divin' fool
11-03-2003, 05:29 PM
huh?:confused: