PDA

View Full Version : Sat & Sun Oct 25th & 26th just opened up.

Chad Carney
10-17-2003, 11:49 PM
This weekend just bagged due to the threatening front, and they can't reschedule for the following weekend, so it's now open. I had been holding it for a personal trip but that just fell through as well.

See prices and information on www.mobilescuba.com

Capt Chad Carney
727-423-7775
cubera@ij.net

sharpshooter
10-20-2003, 09:40 PM
For example, do you leave around 5-6 pm on friday or later? Do you come back on Sunday early evening or late? I would guess that alot depends on seas, number of divers vs. tanks etc.. Do the fish go in the boats fish box and then into our coolers back at the dock or do we bring coolers aboard? What about food? Can I bring F.A. as my chef? Its been awhile since my last trip with you. Now with the generator, microwave,hot water, and the boat being faster, a few things have changed. Thanks!!!!

Chad Carney
10-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Jose'

Thanks for the inquiry.

I like to be flexible to custom requests, but I will describe a typical trip iteneray.

Most weekend two day trips depart on Friday evening after eating dinner. Exact time depends on the customers, but maybe about 7 pm to 9 pm. If everyone wants to we often meet at one of the nearby Madeira Beach or Treasure Island restaurants for a good dinner and pretrip conversation. Loading takes about half an hour.

The run time to the Middle Grounds, the most popular destination is about 3 to 4 hours to the southern end depending on the seas. I often run to the central Grounds that first night, another 30 to 50 minutes more, so that we can start there and work north on the first dive day, well up into the NW Grounds, lesser dove locations. (800's to 950's for those old Loraners.)
The second day we work back south along a different route and may end up diving the southern areas to facilitate a speedy return trip. I leave the times up to the divers. If you still want to dive in the Grounds until dark on Sunday that's ok with me, but you'll be home around midnight. More typically we get back to the dock around 8 to 9 pm.

2 to 3 diver trips bring 7 tanks each. 4 diver trips bring 6 each, usually 100 to 120s and often dive them twice doing 10 to 12 drops each.

I have three 162 qt Igloo coolers aboard for fish, and a fourth that can also be used once we have consumed all the food from it. There are two 6' 4 bunk coolers on the bridge that can hold yellowfin tuna, wahoo, or other huge fish should we not be able to box them in the igloos. I prefer to use the Igloos because once loaded we don't have to unload the fish one by one. We gang plank the boxes to the nearby trucks and separate them to your coolers there. (If you have the same exact boxes we could be loading them into yours onboard, but most people have an assortment of odd sizes and shapes that don'e make the nice back platform to relax on that mine do.

Up to this point I have only been supplying a grilled Sat. night seafood dinner. Everyone brought their own breakfast and lunches. But now with the new generator I have the microwave oven and toaster as well as the grill and two burner alcohol stove. So I'm considering expanding to all meals provided. I'm not a chef unfortunately, so I am thinking of already made dishes to be reheated.

The boat has four bunks downstairs in the AC/heated cabin. Hot water and the enclosed head/shower as well as the deck shower. TV, VCR & DVD. All the pole fishing you want to do anchored over a reef at night. (Dead bait, No live well.) Trolling can be done for a while Sat evening, I like to motor around checking for new spots.

My primary concern is the quality of spearfishing and diving!

The previous thread below has more information: http://www.spearboard.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4597

My website has a lot of photos. www.mobilescuba.com

Thanks again for asking!

Capt Chad

markZ
10-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Any experienced MG divers who would like to share expenses towards this charter, email me.

Dive4Blood
10-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Chad, I hope the weather gods smile on us for this weekend. The forecast is looking shakier than a handshake between Michael J. Fox and Mohammed Ali.

AJ

zds3488
10-21-2003, 05:26 PM
damn...weather didnt look THAT bad......lol...that was rather hilarious about Fox and Ali

sharpshooter
10-22-2003, 07:24 PM
We have room this weekend for you on the Cubera. Only 1 spot left. Call me at 727-545-2140 or my cell at 727 560-0808 for info.