PDA

View Full Version : winter steel

waterpirate
12-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Belated report from last weekend out of o.c. md.
Surface temp 54, bottom temp 54 at 76fsw. I took the alpha male taug off the bow of the queen at 12#. five other taug came up, one flatty, and one bug.
And yes, I am going to puss out and am done locally until the spring.
Eric

SpearMax
12-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Belated report from last weekend out of o.c. md.
Surface temp 54, bottom temp 54 at 76fsw. I took the alpha male taug off the bow of the queen at 12#. five other taug came up, one flatty, and one bug.
And yes, I am going to puss out and am done locally until the spring.
Eric

Can't blame ya. Be a snowbird Eric. Come down to Florida for a visit. ;) :cowboy: Tony

pirate_diver
12-02-2007, 10:44 AM
54 isn't damn bad at all for the beginning of december. How was the viz at the bottom? Do you think there'll be any fish left come mid december? I'll be back home visiting family for Holidays and if conditions hold at the present I'd consider going spearing if there were fish around.

waterpirate
12-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Hey Mike,
The winter months are always the best if you can take the cold. The taug are fat and lazy, and move slooooow. The average winter taug is going to be 12# and up!!
Eric

JJ131
12-03-2007, 07:36 AM
What Up Big E ..Yea We Have Been Diving Last 2 Weeks Cold As Shit with A 7MM Quarry Temps Cold...I Am Gettin The RHIB BOAT Ready For The Spring NJ/MD Diving .I think Iam Done As Well For The Winter

waterpirate
12-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey JJ,
Good to hear from you. I am definitely done locally for the winter. I got a dry suit this year so I will be ahead of usual in the spring. drop me a line if anybody is going SOOOOUUUUTH.
Eric