PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on today's conditions

Tiburon
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Just woundering if anyone made it out of Port Everglades today? I would love to hit the water tomorrow but I don't want it to be a waste. I will drive to the beach in the morning and if its worth getting out then . . . . . Was anyone brave enough today?

Bulit7
01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Just woundering if anyone made it out of Port Everglades today? I would love to hit the water tomorrow but I don't want it to be a waste. I will drive to the beach in the morning and if its worth getting out then . . . . . Was anyone brave enough today?

Guess it was the typical 15 knot E blow out there piggy backed on a NE swell. Choppy but doable. We are going out of Boca to hit some wrecks.

Someone said a mild South current out of WPB but that changes from place to place around here. Everglades can be different.

Tiburon
01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
The wrecks sound nice but I know you do SCUBA and I am a freediver. Since you spend most of the time at the bottom makes a difference. When you freedive in rough weather you have to constantly blow the water out of the snorkle and is harder to keep an eye out for boats/buddy. We'll see, but we should be able to do some shooting.