PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter Emerald American Gagster!

Leeward Hunter
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Unbelievable! The cold water upwelling this past weekend drove fish in to the "shallower" reefs. Last Saturday we loaded up with 2 8# hogs,1 9# Dog Snapper 1 Black Grouper and some really big Muttons. Today we went back to the same area and boated 2 Black Grouper, 1 Yellow Fin Grouper, 4 Gags, 2 Hogfish and a Dolphin on the safety stop. Dan added a 32# Cubera Snapper. It looked like the shootout at the OK Corral. As a group we didn't make it a quarter mile down the reef even in a 2 knot current due to the action. I ran short of lift bags and stringers sending catch to the surface, Very rare to have such a haul. Kind of made the 55 degree water last Saturday worth it. Today's water temp by the way was 73 degrees. with about 40 feet vis. Felt like a sauna. Some of the divers in anticipation of the freeze, showed up with 7 and 8 mil wetsuits. So... if you want grouper, go out to your favorite grouper spot in about 85 fsw and enjoy.Still room on the weekend boats if you need a ride call Lee or Randy.

First Picture: Last Saturday Leeward Hunter, Petra, RjnJupiter, Bubbafish and Stabbin' Boy with a bevy of bodacious beauties.
Second : Last Saturday RjnJupiter with an 8#r
Third Picture Today's Haul Leeward Hunter, Brian Aqualung, Dan Blue Tang and Rjnjupiter

FreedivinFool
03-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Very nice! i live south of you but i'm going up soon diving with my uncle hope the fish are turned on for us like they were for you. GREAT JOB!!:D

Hat-Nasty
03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Randy,

That's one heck of a haul! Especially that Cubera. Mid-week trips must be nice. ;)

We had a good afternoon last saturday in the cold as well, lots of nice hogs hanging out in the warm water pockets. Glad to hear its back to 73 when I'm gonna be outta the water for the weekend. :(

Man-O-War
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Good work guys, nice haul

Shark Tales
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey Lee & Randy..... Very nice haul!!:thumps: Makes me look forward to tomorrow..... if there's any fish left to shoot.:lol:

SLAYER
03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
thats good!!wheres the yellowfin

PrincessSlaya!
03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Awesome haul for sure! My husband went out today he took home a 40 lb cobia. (While I was sick & @ work :mad:) He said the cobia where thick everyone! :D They had a crazy fish day. Great pictures!:toast: Is it the weekend sick or not... I'm divin :p

OceanEd
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Randy produces as usual.

rjnjupiter
03-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Steve. RU Back in the states? SBO in May. Team Jupiter? You should have seen the violence and terrorism underwater. Fish were running in all directions while divers took their lights out and went door to door. We found most cowering under a rock. Makes you feel superior, then you realize...they're just fish! Great fun and every scrap will be eaten.

Looking forward to a Cobia report by Shark Tales. I KNOW you will hit the Ande!

reef roamer
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
i'm soooo jealous, can't wait til sunday:lol::lol: great fish guys

grouperdude
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
dont forget the spools

RyanofOZ
03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice... Hopefully I can make it out Sunday if the weather permits. I am getting pressure from the Mrs. to bring home a gag!

As always... The Emearald produces.

Ryan

Mobile Diver
03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Damn nice haul!!:thumps:

Johnoly
03-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Nice "chilly" shooting !!

FISHDIVER
03-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Another great report lee.I can't wait to make another trip your way.

snokat
03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
:rofl:Lee, you guys kill me!!! I'll just kick myself for not going with you, hope this afternoon turns out half as nice as you had it. :bashhead:
THX for the report. Only have two big groupa fillets in the freeze, hope you didn't empty the ocean!!:rofl:

OceanEd
03-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Randy:

SBO in May sounds good. Maybe this year I can even hit a fish for a change.

I had an interesting experience in the Bahamas with a 12 ft. Hammerhead where suddenly I had become the hunted, not the hunter. Like the fish you were talking about, I felt like cowering under a rock myself.

Hope to dive with you in a week or so when I get everything squared away.

anchorman
03-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I gotta get to the east toast for some diving soon.