PDA

View Full Version : Spring Trips on the Jolly Rogers 2-Redux

Dive4Blood
01-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Availability on upcoming trips this Spring. All trips leave Friday as early as possible, and return Sunday evening. Trips can be to the Fla Middle Grounds or the offshore waters of the NE Gulf. Cost is $400pp of which $100pp is paid as a deposit to hold your spot. Bring six HP120, HP100, or AL80 tanks (check with me to bring LP tanks). Lots of top-notch dive sites available en route to the Middle Grounds for possible bonus dive opportunities on Friday.

Trip includes:
*All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
*All dead bait/tackle/rod n' reels if needed for two nights of hook and line fishing after it's too dark to dive. Boat has a large livewell. We will catch live bait if warranted.
*All clean ice needed for your coolers upon return.

DATES

March 12- full
March 19 -full
March 26 -full
April 2-full
April 16 full
May 14 full
May 22 full-SB Open

Amenities
*Twin 692 Detroit diesels for safety, redundancy, and true 17 knot cruise in moderate seas when fully loaded for a weekend trip. Low profile, and 16' beam for stability.
*Plenty of fresh hot/cold water on deck, cabin, and head.
*Enclosed shower with flush toilet
*Full kitchen
*Bunks with individually controlled fans
*TV/VCR, AM/FM stereo w/CD player
*Long range cell phone antenna
*Each crew member is a USCG captain, and at minimum a certified divemaster.
*A/C to be available in the summer months. $100 per weekend ($20pp) to run both Friday, and Saturday nights.

Check out www.jollyrogersii.com, or do a search for Jolly Rogers on the Florida Gulfcoast Shooting section of Spearboard. Continuously running for ten years with much of the same crew, this is the boat that sets the benchmark others follow. PM me to get set up, or if you have any questions. Thanks.

AJ Suarez

Dive4Blood
01-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Jolly Rogers 2 "Top of the Food Chain ". Home port Steinhatchee, FL

Dive4Blood
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Upgrades coming sometime soon:
*New bowrail with rod holders for more efficient pelagic freelining while stern anchored at night.
*High powered floodlights to bring in the bait, kings, and tuna.
*Custom built removeable dive ladder which will complement the already expansive dive platform.
*AC available during summer months on request ($100 per weekend to run both Fri and Sat nights).

Dive4Blood
01-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Update. See original thread post. Floodlights already installed for Spring kingfish, blackfin tuna run. Will put up some dates from July onward soon. Standing by.

AJ Suarez

markZ
01-19-2004, 06:10 PM
aj -

you didn't mention the jan 30-31 charter, but I assume its still a go? bobk and I are coming up from canaveral. i'm bringing my drysuit this time!

markZ

Dive4Blood
01-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Mark,the only thing that can stop the Steinhatchee Superbowl Slay Spectacular is a nasty front courtesy of Mother Nature. The boat is fuller than Rosie O'Donnell's impacted colon after a Wisconsin cheese eating contest. I thought you'd enjoy that visual. We'll be seeing you and Bob in a couple weeks.

AJ Suarez

zds3488
01-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Thats just plain sick! Anything having to do with her is pretty bad in my oppinion, not to mention her "impacted" colon. Mental image brought to you courtesy of D4B. :D

Reef Raider
01-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Who else is on the May 14th trip ??and who will take the last spot??

Bottom Dweller
01-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Raider, did I talk you into it. Are you in for the trip? ZDS and a buddy of his (an instructor) are supposed to be in as well as myself.

Reef Raider
01-29-2004, 10:30 PM
OH YEA But I will have to get out some before then .

Bottom Dweller
01-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Same here, I'm gonna be rusty. We'll get together here soon. Oh by the way, my buddy got me a new regulater for the O2 tank and a mask.

zds3488
01-30-2004, 02:45 AM
yep...me and my friend Chuck(ScubaDawg) are on the may 14th trip!!!!

Reef Raider
01-30-2004, 06:34 PM
step right up! Come shoot on the best boat doing the GROUNDS.
Besides I want to know the boats full.

Dive4Blood
02-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Bump

Reef Raider
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I'l see your BUMP and raise you a BUMP

Bottom Dweller
02-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I'll call your two bumps. Who's the last person???

biggsy
02-02-2004, 10:57 PM
That would be me....I am springing for my first MG trip, hope to make it a memorable one.

biggsy

Bottom Dweller
02-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Look forward to meeting and killing fish with you Biggsy.

Scott

biggsy
02-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Same here Bottom Dweller. I am looking forward to meeting everyone as it seems they are Spearboard regulars. Should be a blast! I want to see how you guys do it up North! I am tired of seeing all those big hogs and not being in the pics :)

biggsy

Reef Raider
02-03-2004, 11:14 PM
If this is your 1st trip you might want to get 2 dates so if this 1st is a blow out you got a 2nd chance.If you make both trips you'll have lots of fish.The 1st time I wanted to do the GROUNDS it took me 8 or 9 months the trips keeped getting blown out.I call my spot on the floor and I'l bring my own mat to sleep on .

Dive4Blood
02-04-2004, 07:36 AM
From May-August the chances of getting blown out go down considerably (unlike this upcoming weekend :mad: ). However, as Reef Raider suggested, I certainly won't stop you if you want to sign on for more trips!!

AJ Suarez

kitefisherman
02-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Yes, the forecast looks bad for our trip this weekend. I am glad that I have another trip scheduled for the end of the month. In case we don't go, I have already made alternate plans to hunt pigs and quail and spearfish locally. It looks like Saturday may be doable here. Sunday is less certain.

Dive4Blood
02-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Need two divers for Mar 26 ! You are making SB member Speargun feel lonely as his trip is the only one until August that needs people at this point. You don't want to see a rugged police officer cry do you ;) ?

AJ

Freeshaft
02-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Still need two for 3-26 ?

Dive4Blood
03-01-2004, 10:23 AM
That's a roger. Get me two, you get promoted to capt. that weekend, and Jimmy Z stays home to play with the chickens.

AJ Suarez

Dive4Blood
03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
March 26 is full, and we are now booked every weekend thru June! A couple Clearwater Sea Salts stepped up, and grabbed those last spots. Let me know if you want to be put on a call list should we get unexepected availability. Sorry, you don't get their deposit ;) .

I have to get with Jimmy Z to coordinate summer vacation schedules to see if there are any weekends open in July-August that have not already been posted.

The new bowrail with rod holders gets installed tomorrow. Combined with the new floodlights, night fishing for king mackerel, and blackfin tuna is going to be taken to a whole new level this Spring. Can't wait.

AJ Suarez

zds3488
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
AJ....you know to put me on the call list!

Speargun
03-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Now I won't have to dive alone.
I begining to get worried that my system wouldn't be able to handle all of that nitrogen and I would have to spend my spring break in the chamber. :D

Now if the weather just holds.........