PDA

View Full Version : Tip for a Puig

AKaustin
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
So I recently purchased a puig from leisure pro. Box arrives, happy me but what's missing? Oh, the pointy end. So I call them up to see what happened to it, and in the meantime order an extra flopper shaft as I hear they bend easy. Anyway, the customer service guy says he'll ask about the shaft that was supposed to come with the spear and, in the meantime I wait for my extra.

This morning I go out of the house and see a box sitting there, hurray! the tip has arrived, and finally I can go stick some fish, but wait - it isn't the tahitian shaft, it's the threaded one, which I definitely did not order.

Well, I figure it is going to be a much bigger PITA to send it back, so I think I'll go ahead and get some tips for it. Does the puig have the normal 6mm threads? Or better yet, can anyone give me a link to a tip they KNOW fits? I was also thinking I might want to go ahead and get a slip tip for halibut, and a paralyzer for rockfish and lingcod (I live in AK and we have such a big variety of things to spear....). Then when the flopper gets in I'll have a replacement/extra if I need.

OceanEd
06-06-2008, 07:29 PM
As far as I know, the Puig has a 6mm thread. It's not a bad idea to have a threaded tip so you can change out your tips.

AKaustin
06-06-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah I was kinda planing on getting one anyway so it's not too bad.

Travass
06-08-2008, 01:16 AM
So I recently purchased a puig from leisure pro. Box arrives, happy me but what's missing? Oh, the pointy end. So I call them up to see what happened to it, and in the meantime order an extra flopper shaft as I hear they bend easy. Anyway, the customer service guy says he'll ask about the shaft that was supposed to come with the spear and, in the meantime I wait for my extra.

This morning I go out of the house and see a box sitting there, hurray! the tip has arrived, and finally I can go stick some fish, but wait - it isn't the tahitian shaft, it's the threaded one, which I definitely did not order.

Well, I figure it is going to be a much bigger PITA to send it back, so I think I'll go ahead and get some tips for it. Does the puig have the normal 6mm threads? Or better yet, can anyone give me a link to a tip they KNOW fits? I was also thinking I might want to go ahead and get a slip tip for halibut, and a paralyzer for rockfish and lingcod (I live in AK and we have such a big variety of things to spear....). Then when the flopper gets in I'll have a replacement/extra if I need.

Yeah I just got my 7ft fixed JBL pole spear from leisure pro. It took a week to get, I take it out of the box and its BENT!!! I sent them an e-mail and they said they had to check with shipping to verify this was done while being shipped or something really hope I don't get shafted and stuck with a bent pole spear. I also recently had a speargun lost that was being shipped through UPS too, good think it was insured.

isibrigade
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah I just got my 7ft fixed JBL pole spear from leisure pro. It took a week to get, I take it out of the box and its BENT!!! I sent them an e-mail and they said they had to check with shipping to verify this was done while being shipped or something really hope I don't get shafted and stuck with a bent pole spear. I also recently had a speargun lost that was being shipped through UPS too, good think it was insured.

You'd be amazed to know what UPS tries to fit through their conveyer belts. Some guy was too lazy to carry the box by hand into the next sorting room, places it on the conveyer belt with the rest of the boxes, the box gets stuck in a doorway, the other boxes pile up behind it, the box and polespear bends from the force of the belt drive.
My guess is that the box was damaged and retaped in the middle after it was bent. UPS has done this to me before multiple times.

Travass
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
You'd be amazed to know what UPS tries to fit through their conveyer belts. Some guy was too lazy to carry the box by hand into the next sorting room, places it on the conveyer belt with the rest of the boxes, the box gets stuck in a doorway, the other boxes pile up behind it, the box and polespear bends from the force of the belt drive.
My guess is that the box was damaged and retaped in the middle after it was bent. UPS has done this to me before multiple times.

Yeah thats funny because it was two boxes put together and the tape was almost torn off in the middle. I can picture the scene in my.:(