PDA

View Full Version : East Bound and Going Down

Brad B
12-17-2002, 03:13 PM
For all you guys who will be working tommorrow I just wanted to say "Seas 2'@6 Seconds, Bwaaaahaaaa".Hope you get lots done tommorrow cause about the time you finish your first cup of coffee I'm gonna be stringing up a fat Gag.The Sea Stalker spearos are gonna wreak havoc on the snapper and grouper populations off Ponce Inlet. Full slayfest report to follow.

Divin' fool
12-17-2002, 04:03 PM
You sure know how to rub it in...got to work until Friday, then I'm off for two weeks.:D

Include some pics with the report

Brad B
12-19-2002, 07:57 AM
Well the fish gods punished me for taunting you. Started to take my tank off after dive 1 a lo and behold one of the tank strap buckles is missing.Brad gets to be the boat bitch for the rest of the day.DON'T BUY SCUBAPRO OR AS I CALL IT SCUBACRAP.I have had 3 equipment failures in 14 dives with supposedly top of the line stuff.Now to the trip. Vis was OK, little less than 15 feet in 110' out of Ponce.Very few gags, Mark had a shaft pull on a 30lb+ but that was pretty much it.AJ's galore could have shot a boatload of nice commercial +. Mangos not real plentiful or big.Ended up with a limit of AJ's, about 10 Mangos,a Scamp, a nice hog and 5 lobbies.Weather was decent and the company was good.As always, thanks to Sea Stalker for the ride.

Steel Shootin'
12-19-2002, 08:09 AM
Wow, that sucks. It also kind of concerns me because I love those Scubapro straps. In fact, I just ordered two of them to replace the factory straps of my Zeagle Tech, which I can't stand.

I guess it's another example that your save-a-dive kit can't be big enough. Like I've said before, people give me a hard time because of all the redundant stuff I keep on my boat. Extra regs, hoses, tools, computers and, of course, stuff like o-rings. I even keep an extra BC on the boat. About half the time, someone winds up needing one of these things. My response is: "You guys don't think it's so damn funny now, do you?"

True story (financial advis. and D4B can attest): Earlier this year, took those guys out, and a couple of photographers we didn't know that well. One of the photographers was a divemaster, and he's getting ready to make his first drop, and digging frantically through his dive bag. "Where the hell is my BC?" He didn't have his BC with him, and we were 30 miles offshore about to drop on a wreck.

Divin' fool
12-19-2002, 08:38 AM
I agree Scott....I always carry a spare reg and BC. I don't get enough time out there to miss a dive.
Brad...sounds like you did OK....better than being at work.
Sunday or Monday look good at this point for us.

Must kill something...must kill something:(

Brad B
12-19-2002, 12:18 PM
I have heard the Subapro buckles are supposed to be one of the best. Have no clue what happened.Like you Scott my save-a-dive kit is getting larger and larger. If this crap keeps happening I guess I will just have to get two of everything.It would just be a bitch hauling it all around.I am thinking at least a spare set of regs and a back-up,non air-integrated computer are in order.It would REALLY suck to have something vital screw up on the first dive of a MG trip.

Reef Raider
01-26-2003, 04:34 PM
The only thing (eqpt wise) to date that kept me from diving was my A.I.comp. going err on me . If this happen on a MG trip say after the 1st or 2nd dive the back up comp I have now is air only this would be of little use in the MG. So I would like to get a back up non A.I. that dives with me on all dives this way I would just put on a SPG and go . SPG and a nitrox comp = $400.00 or 3 gas comp and a SPG= $1000.00 but at least the 3 gas would take me where I want to go. Better luck next time Brad B. at least you got tails for the BIG GAME!!

LowpassLew
01-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Scuba Pro is the best, just don't drop that little silver clip when you take your tank off.